best places to buy good quality jewelry basics

ilmbgApril 9, 2009

I want to make some simple but nice jewelry for myself. I have found inexpensive earring wires at stores but they are not good quality. I want good quality stainless because of allergies to cheap wire. I probably won't get my own earring/wire 'shaper' now.

Where are good sites to buy the basics?(not Hobby Lobby quality). Semi-precious stones?

Thank you.

ps- Nikki- If you still read/post here, your pictures of your jewelry from a few years ago are wonderful- you have a knack for making things look wonderful!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
honeysuckleridge

I'm not Nikki but I am jewelry maker. Stainless steel(also do a search for hypo allergenic)ear wires can be found through websites such as...

www.firemountaingems.com
www.artbeads.com (free shipping)
www.rings-things.com
www.fusionbeads.com (free shipping)

also a quick google search will help locate shops as well.

I do not recommend these sites for the best in gemstones but for basics they are wonderful, also great buys on crystals as well.

I buy a lot of my stones/gems/crystals from www.etsy.com and have yet to be disappointed by any vendor there. The personal service is awesome. You should also search out local bead stores or bead/gem shows in your area. Do a bit of homework on your gem choices and go for it.

Best of success!! Enjoy!!
ginger

Bookmark   April 10, 2009 at 2:53PM
More Discussions
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
Wooden cutouts
This crazy but I am looking for a Texas tech university...
lholton2
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
grandma_bonnie
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™