hutch

brin2decApril 4, 2009

yes I have a large hutch. It was used over a waterbed and I would like to reuse it. The hutch is beautiful. The top has a flat platform with a mirror in the medium, there is also a drop leaf in the center. Can anyone give some creative advice. I would like to use it in my basement area.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

Hi Brin, you are right, the wood on some of those waterbed hutchs is really beautiful. And they are so heavy and often even have pretty glass in them too.

I would imagine that you would need to find a cabinet or table that would fill in the middle section of it. Or you could cut the side sections off and use it on top of a sturdy cabinet base.

You might also try posting your question over on the Trash to Treasure forum, those gals do some amazing transformations.

Luvs

Bookmark   April 4, 2009 at 11:29PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TwoMonths

You could put it on top of two same size dressers or cabinets or even file cabinets. Maybe tool chests that have little drawers. If the basement is a room to you, you could find some legs to put on both ends. You could adjust the legs to meet your use. Say short ones so you could put a tv or stereo on top. Or maybe hang it on the wall behind a bar to hold your 'stuff'.

I have torn up a few for the wood. Wish I had kept one that was not as nice and used for a potting area in the side yard. I have metal saw horses that would have supported it and I could have put a sink in the middle open part even. Oh well, have put the wood to good use.

Bookmark   April 5, 2009 at 2:54PM
More Discussions
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
oldcrafty
How to decorate christmas tree, beads ribbons etc
I am trying to decide how to decorate my tree this...
L A
What type of fabric to use to make primitive snowman?
Hi...I have been making snow man door hangers. What...
donnas_gw
jewelry wire for Christmas dangle ornament?
I can only find a couple of tutorials on the web and...
wilsonkaye
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™