2013 Miele diamond & dimension dishwasher questions
My primary use is for regular dishes with a special focus on high-end wine glassware - Zalto - better than Riedel in my humble opinion. Lead-free, hand-blown. Love um. They recommend a dishwasher and so that is what we'll start doing.
One of the key changes between the 2012 and 2013 is that the Dimension (5605) now has the door open dry capability. At this point, the main differences appear to be the interior lights, extra programs - 2 specific to glassware, 6 vs. 4 glass lower rack (for my large red burg glasses), auto-close (what use is this?), auto-load size sensor, front display, and $950.
(I wanted to add for completeness that the older dimension plus models also has auto-open)
My thought was to buy the G 5605 SC Dimension and the lower basket (flex care deluxe) from the G 5915 SCi Diamond. I get all the glassware items with only (for me) minor deltas, which are not worth $950. What do you think of this strategy??
But I still have questions:
1. What is the difference between the china/crystal program that is part of the basic 6 (dimension) vs. the 2 extra "glass" no rinse aid programs that come with the diamond (one for hot water, one for cold?) Presumably, if no rinse aid is required, it would be part of the china/crystal program
2. What is the part # for the diamond lower basket? Not the utensil basket, but the entire lower part with wheels? I really like the ability to put 6 large glasses down there...
3. Can I actually get the glassware baskets from the profline -- will the sprayers work properly with it? I guess that is another option for the smaller glasses.
4. Has anyone tweaked the programming? What is programmable? I know that when I purchased my 4840 washer, I did have the programming tweaked considerably in 2009 which reminds me - need to check for a firmware upgrade.
5. Does anyone utilize the RemoteVision option? I am wondering if it can update firmware?? Does it support WPA2 encryption for wifi, or is it stuck in the past with WEP?
6. What detergent are you folks using in these?
Really appreciate the help. I have searched the archives (and emailed Miele customer support with no response), but I haven't found these answers.
PS. Looked at the Bosch 800 series today as well...didn't think the racks would work with my glassware, and they seemed a lot more flimsy to me. I suspect Miele started to 'waterfall' features from Diamond to Dimension as a way to compete with threats from Bosch??
This post was edited by markdavis on Fri, Dec 27, 13 at 20:46