Last Pass?

jane__nyDecember 9, 2011

Anyone use this as a password manager?

Jane

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
not2bright

I've been using it both as a password manager and a password generator for close to a year now (maybe a bit more). It's very highly respected (as a FF add-on, for example). I definitely like it ! :-)

Bookmark   December 10, 2011 at 8:09AM
DA_Mccoy

If a password manager is important to you so be it. However, please strongly consider never storing any type of financial site user names and/or passwords on your system or on-line.

DA

Bookmark   December 10, 2011 at 10:47AM
jane__ny

Thanks, and I wouldn't store any banking info on line. Just so many websites and passwords to remember. Tonight I was trying to access my ITunes account and it wouldn't accept my password. I had to make a new one. Turns out they require at least one capital letter. I remembered the password, but forgot to capitalize the letter. Had to go through the process of making a new password.

Jane

Bookmark   December 11, 2011 at 12:47AM
DA_Mccoy

If you have your credit card information imbedded on sites like Amazon or Target those site passwords shouldn't be stored either. (For the few extra keystrokes you really shouldn't imbed this information though.)

For what it is worth I have two passwords that I use regularly on shall we call them information or general sites. One of them is here. If someone finds a large need to crack my password for here and let's say my newspaper site let them have a good time. 95% of the information establishing such accounts is fictitious anyhow.

DA

In most cases a user name and password are account use identifiers. Financial, personal and medical to name a few are the important ones to protect.

Bookmark   December 11, 2011 at 8:18AM
More Discussions
Lenovo Preinstalls Malware on Laptops
On the Yahoo News Tech page today, February 19, 2015,...
haldd
Still using XP with no problems.
Just thought this might interest those who are doing...
Jane
Helping a elderly friend with their computer remotely
She is in her 90's, lives alone and needs help with...
jane__ny
GW/Houzz page rendering on my browser
Weird question about GW/Houzz, over the last six months,...
dbarron
About those Garden Web Styles themes and skins for Firefox
I see they are authored by GW members. Thank you everyone....
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™