New Craft Store!

mjowestMarch 28, 2009

I'm hoping to be in on a new little craft mall/store that's opening up in May.

I sell garden totems (Garden junk forum) and Glass Wall flowers, and other cute little garden thingies. My daughter (9yrs) will make headbands, magnets and other small, inexpensive things.

The owner, who runs the teacher's store next door, appears to want to have some extra rent money. Basic crafts, he doesn't want to mess around with jewelry, expensive things- just crafts that people may want to buy.

Problem is, I don't know how to set up a booth! There will be nothing offered by the store- no peg board, lattice , etc. I'm going to ask for a spot that has a wall.

The size is 4 ft wide, X 3 ft. deep, and 6 feet high. (there may be a foot or more available width)

Thanks for all ideas!

and if you live near West Michigan and are interested in details, let me know!

:)

mj

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

Congratulations on your new booth, MJ. I'd say your best bet is something like pegboard or lattice on the wall so you can hang things and maybe a couple of bookshelfs on each side as well. Are your totems on bases or the kind that fit over a rod? If on a rod, then maybe some buckets of sand or rock to support them??? Headbands could be hung, or even looped over a decorated can or other tube shape. If you are looking for inexpensive ideas for decorating your booth, you might look at the Martha Stewart website. There are some instructions for large paper flowers that would be cute hung from the ceiling. They could add some nice color to draw attention to your booth. I'm sure some of the others will have great ideas for you too. Best of luck, Luvs

Bookmark   April 1, 2009 at 8:55PM
mikas5

Hi- I just read your post. I live in west michigan and am interested in maybe having a booth. Could you send me the information?

Kas

Bookmark   April 7, 2009 at 2:09PM
TwoMonths

out in CA they have the kiosk in the malls...that is a little cart like booth that you can display your thing on and in. Then lock it up when you are gone. Now it will be according to what size and where he gives you. Others use bookshelves maybe hinged together to hold into a space shape. (maybe put wheels on the bottom) And maybe you can open up and sell from....You can leave it open or close it up. Otherwise, look at how they do the areas at tradesdays or craft fairs for other good ideas.

Bookmark   April 10, 2009 at 9:18PM
More Discussions
Halloween costume for my boobs
Yes I know it's pretty weird but after undergoing breast...
trashywoman
What type of fabric to use to make primitive snowman?
Hi...I have been making snow man door hangers. What...
donnas_gw
Christmas Village
I received a few pieces last x-mas and I didnt do a...
christine1950
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
How to make hobbled roman shades?
Hi, Does anyone know of any free tutorials out there...
pritz
Sponsored Products
Garage Storage Systems & Accessories: Gladiator Garage Racks GearTrack and
$10.99 | Home Depot
New Rust Veg Dyed Heriz Hand Knotted Wool 4'x6' Tribal Design All Over Rug H5572
BH Sun Inc
RenWil Maiden Way Wall art
Beyond Stores
Milo Tissue Cover
$739.00 | FRONTGATE
Designers Fountain 84389 Fieldhouse 9 Light Chandelier in Flemish Bronze Finish
$738.00 | Hayneedle
Collage Baby Album
Classic Hostess
Fan Flower Tablecloth 70" x 90"
$115.00 | Horchow
Home Decorators Area Rug: Grimsby Sky Blue 6' Round