Help? Critique? Please - re GE Cafe, XO, DCS, Kenmore mix for kit

legrabDecember 29, 2012

The year-end sales end shortly - and I've put off my decisions far too long. My kitchen is soon to be remodeled but is quite modest, and so is my budget. I have learned tons from this forum and from talking to sales representatives and friends, but would REALLY appreciate your completely honest critique of the mishmash I've put together. I feel like my brain is fried and can no longer think objectively - so much conflicting stuff out there.

DCS 30" gas cooktop - I'm pretty sold on this. Either that, or the salesman is laughing his head off at me.

GE Cafe 30" electric convection single wall oven (showroom sample so am getting a really good price); next choice, I think, is the DCS electric single wall oven - but it's $1,000 more money than the GE Cafe. Consumer Reports seems to think it's okay, but I worry about buying a discontinued item.

XO vented range hood - I haven't found much said about this anywhere. Is it a good product?

Kenmore dishwasher - not too worried about this - it's not sexy at all, but is similar to an old one I had and loved. It got the job done.

Kenmore French door 'fridge - again, this is not very sexy, but seems to have the features I think I need. What - other than ease of use - is important in a basic bottom freezer refrigerator?

Please help a neophyte? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jwvideo

You don't say which Kenmore FD fridge, but have a look at refrigeratorinfo.com for a detailed evaluation of one.

Bookmark   December 29, 2012 at 10:37AM
CKGM

Love my GE Cafe double oven- consistent baking, even temps and makes the fastest roasts and turkeys in convection mode. Almost one year in and love it!

Bookmark   December 30, 2012 at 12:54AM
llaatt22

You might want to reflect on the quality of tied A&E service in your particular area when it comes to Kenmore and other appliance purchases from Sears. There are wide variations when it comes to customer satisfaction.

Bookmark   December 30, 2012 at 2:50AM
legrab

Thank you so much for your input. I was very worried about quality of GE Cafe oven, and find your comment reassuring. I am also concerned about how these things will look together - the Kenmore the DCS, etc. A real mishmash, huh?

Doe anyone have any experience at all with the XO 550 CFM exhaust fan? I am not finding reviews - anywhere! Price is right, but I fear...

Thanks again!

Bookmark   December 30, 2012 at 1:35PM
More Discussions
Refrigerator Water Valve Leaking
Any idea why the blue cap (see red arrow) on the water...
tslats2
New Bertazzoni Induction Range?
I just saw a press release from Bertazzoni about a...
ltislander
Food Processor - Old Cuisinart, New Cuisinart, Used Robot Coupe?
I am thinking about getting a Cuisinart food processor. I...
johnliu_gw
When should a boiler-warranty start?
We have a dispute with the company, that installed...
doofus
Wolf MDL error update
Wolf came out today and they are going to replace the...
a2gemini
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™