painting glassware

marzbarreMarch 24, 2007

I did a search and didn't come up with anything on this forum,but I know there's someone who has an answer to this...what kind of paints work the best on glassware? I would like to paint some wineglasses for a friend. I tried some paints before and they came off. I heard that LeFranc paints worked well, but can't find a site where I can buy them. Help! Anyone have success with painting on glassware?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
minnie_tx

Most craft stores have a section with glass painting paints. I'm sure you can find something there. I can't think of the name of the paint now.

Bookmark   March 25, 2007 at 7:13PM
nancelee

Folk Art Enamel paint is a good one to use. When finished you can air dry for 21 days or bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes. Check the label for directions. Also, I like PermEnamel by Delta. It's a 3 step,conditioner, paint, and glaze.I like it's durability for use inside and outside.You don't bake this one. Plaid makes special brushes to use on glass. They are softer and the paint is easier to apply with those. You can find them with the OneStroke supplies. They have light green handles.

I hope this is helpful. Just ask if you have more questions.Painting on glass is my favorite.

Bookmark   March 25, 2007 at 9:48PM
craftylady-2006

Hi Marzbarre, the advice given by Nancelee above is excellent. I would like to add that if you sign up for Joann's Fabric & Craft Store mailing list, you get flyers in the mail about every two weeks which has a 40% off coupon you could use to buy the Donna Dewberry One-Stroke Enamel Paint Brushes or paints. If you sign up to receive their emails online (joanns.com), they email the coupons to you also which you can print out. Joann's doesn't bombard you with emails either, one every couple of weeks or more. You can check out several websites on painting - onestrokepainting.com - quickandeasypainting.com - paintworks.com. Some of these sites give free painting patterns and will also direct you to other sites.

Sal

Bookmark   March 26, 2007 at 6:45PM
More Discussions
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
Ideas for Button Crafts- Wuttons
Look what I found at Joann today! I thought these owl...
arollins1
yarn picture kit
I am looking for a kit that was popular in the 70's...
Terri-57
old - old - old crafts
Boy - looking at that Pack O Fun magazine got me thinking...
toomuchglass
What type of fabric to use to make primitive snowman?
Hi...I have been making snow man door hangers. What...
donnas_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™