Electrolux icon wall oven

jasperdogDecember 16, 2013

I was looking at the extended warranty and it appears it doesn't cover much. Anyone have any thoughts? Has anyone felt the need to purchase the extended warranty? How has service been if you needed it? I'm especially interested in the porcelain since I know several folks have had problems with other manufacturer's porcelain finish coming off. Thanks

"This Service Contract does not cover repairs which are necessary because of improper installation, cosmetic damage, negligence, misuse, abuse, alteration, rust of any kind, service or replacement of porcelain enamel, exterior and interior finishes, repair by persons other than our authorized service technicians, fire, theft, acts of God, pre-existing conditions, improper gas, electrical or water connections, maintenance, such as replacement light bulbs, as outlined in the Owner's guide, replacement of water hoses, gas or electrical connections, venting hoses, periodic cleaning and the repair of appliance(s) that are not readily accessible for repair. This Service Contract only covers single-family or non-commercial multi-unit dwellings. It does not cover any appliance(s) used in any commercial application. This Service Contract will cover in-home service on all appliances except dehumidifiers, which are carry-in service items only."

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wekick

What company is that from? I had a five year warranty on my Elux oven provided and serviced by the dealer. With a couple months left I found enamel chipping. The dealer had closed in our area but paid for service from company I chose.
I think that chipping must have become an issue as they have made it an exclusion. Maybe Squaretrade would have something. Also try other dealers. If you want to avoid blue enamel, Kenmore Elite wall oven with the dual fans is made by Electrolux. I haven't used it to say how it is but it does have gray enamel. If the blue goes in my Elux now I might consider that.

Bookmark   December 16, 2013 at 9:42AM
jasperdog

It's straight off the Electrolux website.

Bookmark   December 16, 2013 at 10:52AM
wekick

Now that is scary.
My experience with Electrolux. The first oven I got in 08 was chpping enamel in shards and they replaced it. At a little over 4 years the second oven had the enamal degrade in what looked like linear scratches. I called them first to see what they would say and they were not helpful. They would not tell me if the oven liner could be replaced and wanted me to pay for a service call to find out. I did call my extended warranty and I had to pay out of pocket and they reimbursed me. That exclusion in the extended warranty speaks volumes to me.
Repair bill was a little over $500 total if I remember. I received a fixed estimate. The oven in my Wolf range would cost part plus $800 to start with no cap on labor just for comparison for the same issue. I also had blue enamel that was bad on a Dacor oven and range. No more blue for me ever.
That is very disappointing from Electrolux. Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Here is a link that might be useful: Electrolux Icon extended warrant

Bookmark   December 16, 2013 at 1:58PM
lori_inthenw_gw

I've heard that this is an older problem that has been fixed, but I would really like to know if that is the case! Doesn't seem like the company is very confident about the fix if they've added that wording specifically since then. We are planning on including the Electrolux oven as well, but won't be buying appliances until March, so could still change our plan.

Bookmark   December 16, 2013 at 7:04PM
More Discussions
Need feedback on KOBE Range Hood
Hello! I'm looking at buying a KOBE range hood. The...
bblakeney
hood suggestions for 36" 6 burner bluestar?
i have searched til my fingers are blue for a 36"...
lilmagil1
Where do you guys buy a refrigerator for your house?
Hi, all! I am thinking about buying a new refrigerator...
mrseangao
Buy Wolf or Elux wall oven if don't use self clean?
I've read all the horror stories about the blue enamel...
golfergirl29
New Bluestar RCS model - Any Info? (RCS366BV2)
Most of the 36" RCS models are RCS36IRV1 right...
kwest2
Sponsored Products
Green No-Slip Grip Hot Pads - Set of Two
$11.99 | zulily
Whoopies Mat & Disposable Piping Bag Set
$16.99 | zulily
13-pc. Cristel Casteline Stainless Steel Removable Handle Cookware Set
FRONTGATE
Madeira Harvest Large Rectangle Baker
$44.00 | FRONTGATE
Sectioned Shell Server
$42.00 | FRONTGATE