last pic for now

donnas_gwMarch 1, 2008

here's my scare-a-crow pumpkin (guess that's what you call him). I posted him back on Halloween, but the picture wasn't as good as this one. I think he needs more rafia or a hair trim.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
minnie_tx

They are all so sweet Keep sharing!!

Bookmark   March 1, 2008 at 7:48PM
kathi_mdgd

Cute,love that Pumpkin/scarecrow.
Kathi

Bookmark   March 1, 2008 at 8:20PM
donnas_gw

thanks! I made him several years ago using a McCalls craft pattern. I do alot better with crafts using a pattern and sewing machine. To be honest, I never knew craft patterns existed until I started working in a fabric store back in the 90's. All I cared to do was sew for myself and my girls. I guess in all the years I've sewn, I never bothered to look in the back of the pattern books to notice the crafts. I'm not that great at free-hand crafting. The ghosts were cute. I had difficulty getting the wrinkles out of the fabric on the heads, maybe because I covered the styrofoam balls with batting first, I don't know. I finally said "that's good enough" LOL

Bookmark   March 1, 2008 at 8:52PM
luvstocraft

This is very cute. I could even see putting him on a broom handle and sticking him in a bale of hay too. So glad you figured out the picture posting so we can see your creations. Luvs

Bookmark   March 2, 2008 at 2:51AM
oddie

oh yes sooo cute! love the colors and how you decorated him, beautiful job!
on the ghost my GS and I made,we didnt cover the ball with anything frist, just draped cheese cloth that was dipped in fabric stiffner, but thats the fun of crafting make it your way!
oddie

Bookmark   March 2, 2008 at 8:07AM
donnas_gw

I wouldn't have thought of that luvs, but it sounds like a cute idea! Oddie, I thought of getting the cheese cloth but I found white fabric at Walmart for only $1.00 a yard, so I bought that instead.

Bookmark   March 2, 2008 at 7:05PM
More Discussions
What type of fabric to use to make primitive snowman?
Hi...I have been making snow man door hangers. What...
donnas_gw
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
grandma_bonnie
Thick cardboard tubes?
I have access to about as many thick cardboard tubes...
lexie1397
Wooden cutouts
This crazy but I am looking for a Texas tech university...
lholton2
How to make hobbled roman shades?
Hi, Does anyone know of any free tutorials out there...
pritz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™