Painting mirror frame

susancnwMarch 16, 2008

Hi, I have a very cool old black Victorian type wall mirror. Still not sure if I want to paint it black or white, but for now it is white - sorta. I think a black would pop more on the wall and be more of a statement. I plan to mount it longways as opposed to full length. Should I drybrush it with the black so give it an aged appearance?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phonegirl

I think that would look good. I painted my light fixture in the bathroom black and have gold rub to put on it but haven't taken the time. I painted a black border around the mirror on the wall with gold diamonds in it to match my bedroom decor. I'll post a picture. It made the mirror stand out.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   March 16, 2008 at 10:03PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sharon_fl

I just recently found a cool Victorian mirror frame (no mirror) and am painting it a cream color then dry brushing the liquid gold over it. It will be for my grandaughter's "Cinderella" room that I'll be making over this summer in PA. My son is taking a photo of her in her dress-up Cinderella gown & crown, then I'm blowing it up to poster size & placing in the frame.
Your color choice is just a matter of preference. What room is it going to be in? What color wood is featured in your room?

Phonegirl..great mirror!

Bookmark   March 18, 2008 at 9:44AM
More Discussions
jewelry wire for Christmas dangle ornament?
I can only find a couple of tutorials on the web and...
wilsonkaye
What type of fabric to use to make primitive snowman?
Hi...I have been making snow man door hangers. What...
donnas_gw
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
Is Petal Porcelain still available ?
Remember it ? Do they still make it ? It was made to...
toomuchglass
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™