Tote bag makeover

concretenprimrosesMarch 17, 2010

Hi,

Here is a picture of a totebag that I changed the look of adding flowers, zipper, cellphone pocket, new handles and stenciled initials (mine).

I'm pleased with how it turned out, ready for me to take thrift store shopping on foot in Pasadena when I'm there in April.

You can look at my blog post for more details including a before picture.

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Kathys blog post about totebag makeover

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

Very nice & handy with the pocket!! I made a tote once, I liked the 1 another lady had & it was simple so I thought it would be great for carrying around a crochet project instead of the doubled plastic bag I usually carried. Made it with a heavy cloth(kind of like kettle cloth) floral on outside solid inside with 2 long dowels that went through the tops with wooden knobs on ends. I found it very useful & started taking it to park while my kids were swimming I'd go out & find a tree to sit under & crochet. I hear 2 guys discussing taking a purse & I glanced up & noticed I was only 1 around, I spread my crochet work out so I could slip my wallet into the crochet bag, gathered up my stuff while looking at my watch & saying out loud,Oh no, we're late! & walked fast to fence & yelled for my kids to come right now we are late!!! So we left & then I told them that other people had left & I hadn't noticed until I heard someone was going to be robbed & realized it was me. Yr. Elvis died & my FIL had died right before that so I wasn't as alert as I should have been. That tote sure came in handy tho, they would have gotten a surprise if they had taken my purse. Oh I like the flowers you put on it & initials, very designer looking! Jan

Bookmark   March 20, 2010 at 3:13AM
More Discussions
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
grandma_bonnie
Christmas Village
I received a few pieces last x-mas and I didnt do a...
christine1950
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
Is there a product?
that you can design specific lettering graphics on...
pixistix
Hair Jewelry/Headpiece Questions
Hi everyone, This year, I will be attempting once again...
moonwolf_gw
Sponsored Products
Purple & Pink Small Tote Storage Bin
$7.99 | zulily
Sienna Gas Fire Pit Table - Cascina (medallion)
FRONTGATE
Oyster Silk Empire Shade 9x18x13 (Spider)
Lamps Plus
Neiman Marcus-Stamped Cosmetic Bag
$85.00 | Horchow
Global Views Domino Round Mirror in Black / Gold Leaf - 2466
Hayneedle
Missoni Home | Osage Neutral Cylinder Bag Pouf
YLiving.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™