Corrugated plastic sheet?

linnea56March 6, 2007

What is this called? I'm not sure of the name or where to buy it. There is a type of plastic that has a corrugated inside like corrugated cardboard, and 2 smooth surfaces on the outside. Ikea uses it in some of their furniture, like to make translucent "windows" in a cabinet. IÂve also seen it used to make semi-rigid file boxes. It's very rigid and lightweight. Like foam core but all plastic, no foam inside. It can be scored and folded easily. Does anyone know what this stuff is, or where to buy it?

IÂm not sure where to post this, so IÂm trying several places in hopes someone has used it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Linnea, type "corrugated plastic sheets" into your web browser line - several websites come up that you can check out.


    Bookmark   March 6, 2007 at 8:31PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
FlamingO in AR

You might look at Lowe's or Home Depot. I've seen things similar to that in those places.

    Bookmark   March 7, 2007 at 10:41AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It is called "Coroply". I used to work in a print shop and we also made signs. I think we ordered ours from a place called sign crafters. It comes in all sorts of colors and sizes.

    Bookmark   March 9, 2007 at 9:30PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Will bake potato bags burn in the microwave?
Will baked potato bags burn in the microwave? I use...
old - old - old crafts
Boy - looking at that Pack O Fun magazine got me thinking...
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
How to decorate christmas tree, beads ribbons etc
I am trying to decide how to decorate my tree this...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™