patterns for Fortescuegal

huggybear_2008March 31, 2009

I will look for my pattern for the lawn geese clothes, but in the mean time.. since summer is coming and if you are interested in the bathing suit one.. the top is a tube of fabric and I took a styrofoam ball and cut in half and each half is one side of the bra type top.. I then inserted them in the tube of fabric and stitched in between them to create the top you can tie it in the back and add a strap to the top at the neck.. you can add lace or ruffels or what ever you want.. the bottom is also a long piece of fabric with elestic inserted in a casting and also lace or ruffles added to the bottom. of the skirt of the bathing suit.. I then added a bow for the top or a straw hat.. and sun glasses.. cost aprox. $1.00 to make.

the dresses are just sorta cone shapes turned upside down and the point of the cone cut off so it will make the neck line and you can add collars or lace or what ever you want to make it look different. the hats are just little hats I found at a craft store and covered them with fabric to match the dress. or I just adde straw hats or bows..

Huggy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
minnie_tx

just bumping this down

Bookmark   April 8, 2009 at 12:01PM
huggybear_2008

Thanks minnie
Huggy

Bookmark   April 8, 2009 at 12:39PM
mad_about_mickey

Does any one know where to get a replacement goose?
Years ago I got mine from Lane Bryant catalog. My son broke
her neck by picking her up to smush a spider. I tried to fix her, but she has a hole in her one wing that all of her clothes do not cover.

Thanks for the help in advance. My goose looks like Huggies, she is made of resin not cement.

Bookmark   April 19, 2009 at 4:44PM
huggybear_2008

mad about mickey... you can try some of the flea markets or yard ornament type places.. I know they have them at one of the flea markets that I go to up in Ohio.. I think I bought mine years ago for about $10.00.. I use to use a plastic one for my model cause the concret one was way to heavy to be picking up and trying on close.. infact the one in all my pictures is the plastic one..and my concret one also has bit the dust by being knocked over and the neck breaking.. but I know there is a yard ornament place in Ohio that sells all kinds of items like bird baths, frogs, etc.. also check out some of your flower shops..that sell mulch, soil and yard items.. hope this helps..

Bookmark   April 20, 2009 at 4:01PM
More Discussions
Hair Jewelry/Headpiece Questions
Hi everyone, This year, I will be attempting once again...
moonwolf_gw
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
How to decorate christmas tree, beads ribbons etc
I am trying to decide how to decorate my tree this...
L A
What type of fabric to use to make primitive snowman?
Hi...I have been making snow man door hangers. What...
donnas_gw
Town Fair Vent
So yesterday I set up some jewelry I make, which I...
sameboat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™