lawn geese patterns

fortescuegalMarch 7, 2006

I am looking for patterns for the cement lawn goose that you dress for the holidays. Does anyone have any idea where to find these?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
adellabedella_usa

Google lawn geese pattern. I didn't find any free patterns, but there were a few threads out there. Someone said that one of the pattern companies made a couple of patterns and people now sell them on EBay.

I think it would be really easy to make your own. You just need a seasonal cape with a strap for tying and a small hat to fit the occassion.

Bookmark   March 8, 2006 at 9:59AM
grannymary

Hi There, I didn't find anything free, but have purchased absolutely darling ones from here:

Granny Mary
http://www.grannymary.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Lawn Goose Designs

Bookmark   March 8, 2006 at 2:20PM
margiethinks_yahoo_com

I didn't know they sold those lawn geese, Granny Mary! The only birds I knew about were plastic flamingos!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Plastic Flamingos

Bookmark   March 30, 2009 at 7:23PM
huggybear_2008

I use to make lawn geese clothes all the time.. here are a few samples I will see if I can find my pattern some where

Bookmark   March 31, 2009 at 1:53PM
TwoMonths

I have often thought about dressing one of my ceramic geese. But the other day at a TS I found a goose. I saw it across the building. It has on Pilgrim type shoes with the silver buckles. As I get close I see it is a mandrake (bump above the bill). So now I have one that is more upright than my others and how will I dress him. Any suggestions.

Bookmark   April 15, 2009 at 6:33PM
tami_ohio

I can't remember where I got them from, or find the ones I have right now, but I have crochet patterns for several different outfits for mine. The sewing pattern companies (Simplicity, McCalls & Butterick) used to have them, don't know if they still do. Mostly, I find fabric I like, buy 1/2 yard, sew short sides together, hem one edge, and make an elastic casing on the other. If I remember, 9" peice of elastic worked great, 1/4" wide. I had a bonnet pattern, too. Or a large circle of fabric with elastic stitched about 2" in from edge and stuffed with fiberfill. Makes a simple "girl" goose outfit.

Tami

Bookmark   April 17, 2009 at 10:52PM
More Discussions
Town Fair Vent
So yesterday I set up some jewelry I make, which I...
sameboat
Christmas Village
I received a few pieces last x-mas and I didnt do a...
christine1950
Is there a product?
that you can design specific lettering graphics on...
pixistix
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
tripletmom83
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™