high performing, mid-priced double wall oven and cooktop?

aimskitchenNovember 8, 2012

We're trying to finalize our decision on appliances before we order cabinetry, and it's a bit overhwelming. We've picked out a Kitchenaid refrigerator because the side-by-side works well in our space (shallower than most non-counterdepth fridges), and has no water dispenser - my choice. We've also tentatively chosen a KA dishwaher, but are looking at different makers for the double wall ovens and cooktop. Below are some of the choices we're considering, and would greatly value input and experience. FYI, we are not in the Wolf, etc, high end price range, but in what seems to be the middle or upper middle. In terms of use, 5 of our 6 kids are still at home and I cook/bake everything from scratch due to extensive dietary issues, so I'm looking for a combination of great performance and great value.

Double Wall Ovens:

Kitchenaid

Bosch

Whirlpool

(am I missing something?)

36" gas cooktop:

Bertazzoni

Kitchenaid

Thermador

Thanks for any input; the kind folks here at GW have been such a huge help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

The BlueStar RBCT365BSS is the highest performing "36 gas cooktop on the market regardless of price. It is cheaper than Thermador but more expensive than Berta or KA. That decision is a no brainer.

Electrolux is in the same price range as KA double wall ovens. Better features and better quality.New ones made in the USA. Some old stock made in Canada ovens are probably still in inventory among different retailers.There is at least one veteran Appliance Forum member that prefers this oven than any other at any price.

Good Luck!

Bookmark   November 9, 2012 at 5:23AM
More Discussions
Why are my frozen bananas melting?
Not sure the right forum for this, but I freeze bananas...
weedyacres
Daily Luxury Convenience (Combi Steam) vs. Tried & True Dbl Oven
I asked questions about the steam oven last month....
lawjedi
Removal of Dishwasher Detergent Build-Up
I have a Miele dishwasher in a rental unit that has...
dimond
Unnecessary drama with Miele dishwasher...
The salt/softener tank on my ten-year-old Miele Incognito...
howardgee
Miele Oven Temperatures - Please Check Yours
So I'm back. I'm on my second Masterchef oven, after...
baver
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™