Do they still make metal coffee cans?

fiddledddMarch 13, 2011

I need metal coffee cans or something very similar (the larger size if possible). I can't find them in the grocery because everything is now plastic. Do you know where I could find something metal that can be sealed well? When we go camping we make homemade ice cream in the cans by rolling them back and forth.....a fantastic family activity. I thought of paint cans, but I'm not sure how well they seal, and I also wonder if they're food safe. I'd rather find something that has had food in it if possible. Thanks for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kraftymom

There are plenty of metal coffee cans still out there. Yuban for one still uses metal cans and so do store brand coffees. I grind my own beans but my DH is always coming home with ground coffee...all in metal cans. sigh

Bookmark   March 13, 2011 at 11:17AM
minnie_tx

The larger sized food cans could work as well for the ice cream huge cans of beans Corn etc.

Bookmark   March 13, 2011 at 5:39PM
concretenprimroses

I still see some metal cans in the grocery store. Why wouldn't the plastic ones work to make icecream?
Kathy

Bookmark   March 13, 2011 at 10:52PM
nanny98

Peanuts come in cans with lids....Harry and David and Costco.

Bookmark   March 23, 2011 at 6:29PM
avadoone

I believe Choc' Full o' Nuts Coffee comes in a metal can. It's the yellow one with brown text

Bookmark   April 13, 2011 at 10:10PM
RedTurtle

you must not get out much, or maybe are rich enuff to get someone else to do your food shopping? ;)
lots of coffee still in cans. Most of the foreign expresso spanish and italian coffees, as mentioned above,Goya,Cafe Bustelo, Medaglio D'Oro

Bookmark   May 7, 2011 at 8:11PM
cse49_grm_net

I used to make homemade english muffins in 1 # folgers coffee cans ( 1970's ) ; I would love to do this again but I can't find metal coffee cans . It took 3 of them and you cut the bottoms out to push the bread through .

Bookmark   July 10, 2011 at 9:36AM
More Discussions
Is there a product?
that you can design specific lettering graphics on...
pixistix
How to make hobbled roman shades?
Hi, Does anyone know of any free tutorials out there...
pritz
Is Petal Porcelain still available ?
Remember it ? Do they still make it ? It was made to...
toomuchglass
Halloween ideas
Hello, I am looking to do some knitted characters for...
Chrsbt45
Wooden cutouts
This crazy but I am looking for a Texas tech university...
lholton2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™