Latest creation..yo-yo table runner

sweets98March 17, 2007

This is what I have worked on this week. I wanted a change from my dark rag quilt runner and so I started this. I wanted something bright and simple for spring and summer.

I thought it would go faster than it did because I started out making such large yo-yo's for the center but it still took a lot of work and more fabric than I expected. I JUST had enough!

I just got the collander antique shopping a week ago and I was trying to find the perfect place for it for now and I guess the center of the table is good enough. :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
honeysuckleridge

Oh I wish I could see it close up!! I love Yo Yo's. It does look beautiful.

ginger

Bookmark   March 17, 2007 at 12:58PM
craftylady-2006

Your table runner is beautiful Sweets and I love that colander, fantatic color. My sis took a colander and filled it with deer moss, separated the moss in the middle a bit and inserted a faux flower plant. P.S. Love your dining area table and benchs.

Sal

Bookmark   March 17, 2007 at 3:13PM
oddie

Beautiful!I have never seen a table runner made from yo yos, very clever idea, bet you will be makeing them for all the holidays, the colander is the perfect touch!
Happy Crafting
Oddie

Bookmark   March 18, 2007 at 8:37AM
sweets98

I took a picture of it from above yesterday. I guess I just never got around to posting it here..

Sal, thanks for the compliments. The first time I walked into my FIL and step-MIL's house I saw their table and knew I found the table I would just die to have! About a year later, Ames had them on sale for $188. DH and I put it on layaway and got it a few months later, right before all the Ames stores shut down. This poor table looked like H#LL until New Years. It was pine and had a crappy finish and it just showed everything and didn't look clean. I refinished it two days before New Years..not the best idea..but I LOVE it now. I was covering it all up with a table cloth for so long that it's nice to get to enjoy the table with just a runner!

oddie, I actually saw an all white yo-yo runner with a crocheted edge in The Country House catalog about 3 years ago. I saved that catalog to show my Gram because I knew she had been working on a bag of yo-yo's for some time but we never saw what these things looked like assembled! About a year later, I started making my own. I have wanted to make that runner for the longest time but I either was doing something else or didn't have enough fabric. This isn't exactly like that one but it was my attempt at my own. I don't like following patterns at all. I go with whatever I want to do!

Bookmark   March 18, 2007 at 9:41AM
williamsburgjane

Your yo yo table runner turned out beautiful! I love your table and benches too. I just might have to try the runner in colored yo yos to match our decor. :o)

Bookmark   March 18, 2007 at 10:34AM
thrift_shop_romantic

The lighter color really gives it a unique quality, and it works so well for this time of year.

Bookmark   March 19, 2007 at 4:06PM
minnie_tx

It is realy lovely thanks for sharing

Bookmark   March 21, 2007 at 11:19PM
tishc77

Where do i find patterns for yo yo crafts. I have a bunch of yo yo's made up.

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 2:17PM
sweets98

Trish,
It's been 5 years since I posted this so I was a little surprised when I got a message in my email about this post! lol I haven't posted here in YEARS...

Try looking around ebay or etsy or other sites for yo-yo crafts....Search on Google images for more ideas.. I mostly just came up with stuff off the top of my head and occasionally used others ideas for inspiration.

~Leslie

Bookmark   July 24, 2012 at 12:02PM
More Discussions
How to make hobbled roman shades?
Hi, Does anyone know of any free tutorials out there...
pritz
yarn picture kit
I am looking for a kit that was popular in the 70's...
Terri-57
Drying or preserving live flowers....
Having just lost a son, I'd like to be able to preserve...
SunnyDJ
old - old - old crafts
Boy - looking at that Pack O Fun magazine got me thinking...
toomuchglass
wind spinner patterns
does anyone have patterns for the old time wind spinners...
parker806
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™