Flood Safe Hoses

andrelaplume2November 27, 2012

Its been years since I swaped out my washer hoses..I use braided steel and picked up a new set at HD. Later at Lowes I saw braided steel as well but advertised as flood safe...somehow they sense a flood and shut off...or so it says? Any feedback on these....they are the same price as the HD hoses so there is no price advantage one way or another. I have no idea how they even work. Is it a gimmic?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nerdyshopper

I'll bet they are the same hose. My advice is to call up the store and ask. Someone will know or they will look it up and call you back. We installed a single lever faucet that my wife can operate. We are in our 80s so you know it is easy. Just look up single lever washer shut offs on google and you will see what I mean. Ours is made of brass and is a double ball valve with a single lever in the middle. I don't recall where I got it but I found it on line.

Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 9:00AM
nerdyshopper

I'll bet they are the same hose. My advice is to call up the store and ask. Someone will know or they will look it up and call you back. We installed a single lever faucet that my wife can operate. We are in our 80s so you know it is easy. Just look up single lever washer shut offs on google and you will see what I mean. Ours is made of brass and is a double ball valve with a single lever in the middle. I don't recall where I got it but I found it on line.

Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 9:01AM
barryv_gw

Floodsafe advertises that it has a sensor in the inlet that measure the water flow, and if it exceeds a set amount, it automatically shuts the flow of water. Don't know if it works or not, but that is what they say

Here is a link that might be useful: floodsafe

Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 4:23PM
jakvis

Bosch sells a fill hose that I use for customers with upstairs installs or condos that shuts off the water automatically if the hose gets any size leak. It works on all brands.
It's part number 646220.
it has double wall construction and if the inner hose leaks the water fills the outer hose which triggers a shutoff device where the hose hooks to the faucet.

Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 4:40PM
More Discussions
Bluestar Precious Metals - Infused copper
Greetings, I am getting ready to order a 36" 6...
pitcom
Seeking Bosch Benchmark Feedback
I know there have been a few posts regarding the new...
nadianyc
Lights on my Jenn-Air dishwasher
I have a two year-old Jenn-Air Trifecta dishwasher...
sail_away
Cabinet front dishwashers
We are putting in two cabinet-front dishwashers in...
mwinfield
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™