GE Cafe dual fuel stove

malschNovember 26, 2012

Hello, I recently was able to remodel my kitchen, and got a GE Cafe dual fuel stove. It is 'slide in' style, in that it doesn't have a back, and has controls on the front.

Picture:
http://www.goedekers.com/product/GE-C2S985SETSS/GE-Cafe-30-In.-Stainless-Steel-Dual-Fuel-Range---C2S985SETSS.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=Appliances&gclid=CI2OwZ-X7rMCFQhyQgodgmgA2w

Now, what has happened is rather um, embarrassing and warrants a question to the forum:

I have one of these timers:

http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-194864/?affsrcid=Aff0001&mr:trackingCode=C5392074-A0E3-E011-973E-001517384908&mr:referralID=NA&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=27794345381&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:filter=24156051701&origin=pla

While cooking some hard boiled eggs, I set the timer to go ~8 minutes while the eggs cooled. When I plucked the magnetic timer from the magnetic hood, I accidentally dropped it, it landed on the stove, it broke apart, and the plastic face cover came off and fell into one of the vent holes in the back of the stove. WTF. It didn't fall BEHIND the stove, it actually fell into one of the vent holes IN the back of the stove.

Is this a problem? Do I need to fish this thing out? Holy hell.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jwvideo

Yeah, you need to get it out. That's a vent for the oven. The tool you need is readily available from just about any hardware store. The acronym for the tool is a CMPF, which stands for something like Coordinated Manipulating Projectible Forceps (which my Air Force buddies all call a cold morning penis finder) and is also known by names such as "flexible grabber."

Bookmark   November 26, 2012 at 11:52PM
mike_kaiser_gw

JW Video is right, you need one of these. At decent hardware store should have one or they are available online.

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 12:03AM
GreenDesigns

Most local automotive parts stores will have one of those in stock. If not, look to see if you have a Harbor Freight in your town. You might also pick up one that has a magnet on the end. Those are pretty useful as well.

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 8:33AM
malsch

Thanks for the feedback all~ I'll look for one of those tools. Looks pretty handy!

Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 9:16AM
More Discussions
Over & Under refrigerator advice/options
I am remodeling my kitchen and planning to use separate...
uscpsycho
Oven size vs cabinet size
In my search for a new oven I noticed that all have...
dickross
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
Bertazzoni 36" Dual Fuel or other range in price point?
There have been a lot of discussion about the Bertazzoni...
Buttons
Parts question: Fridgidaire Gas Stove Igniter
The oven igniter on our gas stove quit working. I went...
Pooh Bear
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™