Have you ever used this ?

toomuchglassFebruary 7, 2012

It's called "Wild Fiber". It has to be Old -- I bought it at a rummage sale . The lady that sold it ,said she wanted to use it ,but never did. ( Doesn't that sound familiar ? LOL ) It's colored paper pulp - you add water & shape it , and it's supposed to be like paper mache. I can't even find it on the internet anymore. The original price was $8.95 a bag ! Here's what the bag looks like . Recognize it ?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I've never seen or used that brand,
Is it the same thing as Celluclay?
(A paper pulp that you add water to.)

I've done quite a lot of sculptures with Celluclay.
Santa Clauses, bunnies, scarecrows, nativity sets, etc.
The tallest I've done was around 14" tall.
Start with a 'form',
Could be tightly wadded newspaper, foil, or Styrofoam.
Cover with the paper clay,
Allow to dry thoroughly,
And paint.

I've always wanted to do a Cigar Store Indian
But never got around to it.


    Bookmark   February 9, 2012 at 12:32PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Maybe it was the original celluclay. I've always wondered what celluclay was - now I know ! Sounds like a fun product to work with .

    Bookmark   February 9, 2012 at 5:09PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Have fun! My goodness you do everything don't you!
I remember products like that years ago, not sure of the name. I never used it. I always thought i should make my own! (but did not of course)

    Bookmark   February 9, 2012 at 8:13PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
yarn picture kit
I am looking for a kit that was popular in the 70's...
Wooden cutouts
This crazy but I am looking for a Texas tech university...
Christmas Village
I received a few pieces last x-mas and I didnt do a...
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™