Recycle Scrap Paper-Beads, Pencils and A Desk Set

kudzukweenFebruary 6, 2010

Cover those pencils with the advertising logos and Holiday pictures on them. Cut a piece of paper 1" wide and as long as your pencil. Glue and wrap around pencil, spray with clear spray, or in my case...I used clear nail polish! lol

For the desk set, I bought an address book, a small calender, and a notepad, and a package of pencils. Then I used some tissue paper, and some embossed packing paper that came out of some dishes. It looks like leather with the tacky glue painted on it. I trimmed it with black middy braid. The pencil can is a cocoa can. I glued it all on with school glue, then went over it with tacky glue.

I'm very sad my string was too short! What to do..what to do!

Have fun!

kudzu

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
colorcrazy

Very clever, Kudzu!

Bookmark   February 6, 2010 at 10:50PM
adellabedella_usa

That's pretty cool. I could see some neat projects from this idea. The necklace is my favorite.

Bookmark   February 7, 2010 at 3:02PM
oddie

omg what a cool looking deck set, who wouldnt love that, nice gift idea, love the beads! can you tie on another piece of string, should be able to hide the knot, would be aufull to have to start over,love the desine of the neckless!
TFS!
oddie

Bookmark   February 10, 2010 at 10:02AM
sunnyca_gw

Enjoyed looking at your cute puppies!! The beads are beautiful, hope you didn't have to redo them. Desk set looks very nice,usually nothing matches up. My DS had the soup can with glued on yarn around it & tuna can with yarn also, think that was for pins & paperclips. Glad your team was the winner!! They needed that after all these years!!Jan

Bookmark   February 10, 2010 at 10:22AM
More Discussions
Can anyone recommend a spray paint for Styrofoam?
I know it exists, as I've used it. I need to spray...
linnea56
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
tripletmom83
post your april challenge pics here: new growth!
Welcome to the April Challenge! You are challenged...
concretenprimroses
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™