Anyone Remember the I'm Sorry Goblet/Glass

country_bumpkin_alFebruary 3, 2010

I'd like to make one..but can't find the instructions or the poem. Anyone still have it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beachteach

"I'm Sorry Glass" - In ancient times brides and grooms were given an extra glass. This wasn't an ordinary glass. It possessed a certain magical power. In all good marriages quarrels occur, and saying "I'm sorry" is always the hardest part. Hence the "I'm Sorry Glass". One of the partners would fill it with wine and present it to the other, and with its powers it would say, "I'm sorry - I love you, darling". It is a beautiful thought, a help, a glass to laugh over and keep forever.

Bookmark   February 4, 2010 at 6:03AM
country_bumpkin_al

Thanks! I'm wondering if anyone happens to have a picture of the glass.*S*

Bookmark   February 4, 2010 at 9:07AM
nodakgal

Bump I am sorry I don't have a picture of it but I remember it as a wine or goblet glass with the words I'm Sorry etched on one side.

This is what I have saved.

FORGIVENESS GLASS
You are probably wondering why you would receive just one glass as a gift, but this is a very special type of glass. It is called the FORGIVENESS GLASS May this be the least used gift you get.

It has just one use. As in any marriage, small arguments, disagreements, and even large scale fighting occurs. With these also comes tears, harsh words, walls of silence, etc., and happiness is gone. When you two are angry with each other, one of you should get this glass, fill it with any liquid, from water to champagne, bring it to the other, and the two of you share forgiveness. It does not matter who was right or wrong, do not count those times. Instead, count the blessings you two are sharing as husband and wife.

Bookmark   February 4, 2010 at 9:40AM
nodakgal

Hey Bump! I did a quick search for apology glass, couldn't find a thing. Then tried forgiveness glass and this is the first one that came up.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Keepsakes.com

Bookmark   February 4, 2010 at 9:43AM
country_bumpkin_al

Thank You Thank You Thank You!! Now I need to run to Hobby Lobby and get the Etching stuff!!!

Bookmark   February 4, 2010 at 12:13PM
leveta

That is cute...I may have to try this to...Might be cute for in my shop...

Bookmark   February 4, 2010 at 10:22PM
More Discussions
Will bake potato bags burn in the microwave?
Will baked potato bags burn in the microwave? I use...
cooper9191
Can anyone recommend a spray paint for Styrofoam?
I know it exists, as I've used it. I need to spray...
linnea56
post your april challenge pics here: new growth!
Welcome to the April Challenge! You are challenged...
concretenprimroses
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
oldcrafty
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™