Photos on glass blocks

perk2February 7, 2006

I would like to put a photo on a glass block and am wondering if I can attach it as it is (after re-sizing it) or would you have to scan it? If you scan it would you use regular paper or photo paper and what would you seal the picture with. I would like to make one for my dad with a picture of all of us kids and grandkids. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amazingcm

I always scan mine and print them onto sticker paper then laminate them and take the back sheet off this leaves the front shiny.. I have also just used sticky tabs on the back of pictures if I am just using them temperary I used these for Table decroations for DD wedding with their engagement pictures on them... Just took them off replaced them and sold all the bricks with Christmas designs for Christmas...
grace

Bookmark   February 8, 2006 at 5:53PM
gordon43812

I print my picture on regular paper then spray it with glossy clear spray about 4 times on each side to give it a transparent look. Then I use spray adhesive to attach. Works great and I have done tons of them!

Bookmark   February 9, 2006 at 12:43PM
country_bumpkin_al

I print mine on the full sheet label paper, then spray it with several coats of Krylon Triple Thick Crystal Clear Glaze. Let dry, then just peel the back of the paper and stick to the block.

Bookmark   February 10, 2006 at 9:30PM
country_bumpkin_al

Oops...missed answering your question. I always scan my pics (to save the original), resize then print.

Bookmark   February 10, 2006 at 9:32PM
soonie

I would scan it into a photo program then edit it in there and print it on InkJet Clear (window) Decals. You could also try experimenting with the Temp Tatoo paper also. I know you can get these at an office supply store as well as some online computer craft paper stores. Then do what you normally would for coating it.

Never use an origional..you can't repace it.

Bookmark   February 12, 2006 at 7:31PM
perk2

Thank you so very much for the help. It is much appreciated.

Bookmark   February 12, 2006 at 9:23PM
More Discussions
Halloween ideas
Hello, I am looking to do some knitted characters for...
Chrsbt45
How to make hobbled roman shades?
Hi, Does anyone know of any free tutorials out there...
pritz
Town Fair Vent
So yesterday I set up some jewelry I make, which I...
sameboat
Can anyone recommend a spray paint for Styrofoam?
I know it exists, as I've used it. I need to spray...
linnea56
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
grandma_bonnie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™