E2000 glue

aniokleFebruary 21, 2012

Hi! I am new here and saw the plate flowers and wonder if the E2000 glue is good enouugh to use for this project. Appreciate all answers. aniokle

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grandma_bonnie

I beieve you mean E6000 glue. It is an excellent product for adhearing glass to glass. Follow the directions. I had a happy accident and found out that you can seperate the two pieces of glass by heating the item in the oven at 350� for ten minutes... Sometimes they need to be seperated...HTH

Bookmark   February 21, 2012 at 7:10PM
concretenprimroses

I use ge silicone ii for windows and doors clear, as do most people over on garden web who leave them out in all kinds of weather. If you do use e6000 I'd love to hear how it goes.
Kathy

Bookmark   February 26, 2012 at 6:31AM
flowers12

grandma bonnie, how interesting to hear you can separate the two pieces of glass by heating it up when you use E6000. I've been using E6000 for three years for all my garden totems and glass flowers and a few times I had wished I could separate something I wanted to change. Once glued on nothing comes apart even in the 110 degree summers. I'll definitely give this a try! Does the glue start to drip off and do you have to use Goo Off to remove it completely from the two pieces? Thanks for the idea. I've tried using GE Silicone II but even though it says it dries clear mine dries opaque. Don't know why.
Marilyn

Bookmark   March 14, 2012 at 3:28PM
teacherpreacher

I love this glue, it works great!!

Bookmark   March 15, 2012 at 12:33AM
grandma_bonnie

..trying again... I didn't try to make the glue come off completely. There is some residue - I guess you ould try to heat it again to get the rest off...

Bookmark   March 15, 2012 at 12:38PM
laurastheme

E6000 is a great glue, but I've read it isn't good for outside use. I guess you proved that wrong, flowers12. The only thing I have against it is that it's strong odor.

Bookmark   March 15, 2012 at 8:38PM
grandma_bonnie

Laura - I uually use it outside.. I put a bead of glue (small bead) aound the bottom of the mason jar an another one on the top of the candlestick holder - wait 3-4 minutes for it to form a skin - then put them together to cure (three days for a solid cure) If you use too much, it'll take three WEEKS for it to cure...

Bookmark   March 15, 2012 at 10:20PM
More Discussions
Town Fair Vent
So yesterday I set up some jewelry I make, which I...
sameboat
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
oldcrafty
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
yarn picture kit
I am looking for a kit that was popular in the 70's...
Terri-57
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™