easy crafts for kids

msprettykyFebruary 26, 2008

I have a friend who is a 4H leader this year. She is looking for easy and inexpensive crafts to do with girls and boys together. Ages 4-8. They hold their meetings in a small room inside a church and have no acess to a kitchen. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Brenda

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
adellabedella_usa

There are so many directions she could go with crafts. Your friend may look into whether there is a theme of the month or use something like the seasons as a guide. Another idea would be to do something related to the various activities such as sewing, growing veggies, farm animals, etc. See what the kids are eligible to enter into the fair and look up an appropriate craft. Have the kids make things for their groups fair exhibit.

For spring:
Grow herbs in a tin can. (This idea could be simplified.) http://crafts.kaboose.com/earth-tin-can-herb-pots.html

This site has some simple ideas. http://www.create-kids-crafts.com/bird_crafts_for_kids.html The kids have opportunities to raise chickens so the baby chick craft might be great for the younger kids.

If your friend has a portable microwave or a toaster oven, basic cooking can be done.

She may also want to get on the official 4-H web site to see what others are doing.

Here is a link that might be useful: 4H website

Bookmark   February 28, 2008 at 10:54AM
More Discussions
jewelry wire for Christmas dangle ornament?
I can only find a couple of tutorials on the web and...
wilsonkaye
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
tripletmom83
Halloween costume for my boobs
Yes I know it's pretty weird but after undergoing breast...
trashywoman
Is Petal Porcelain still available ?
Remember it ? Do they still make it ? It was made to...
toomuchglass
How to make hobbled roman shades?
Hi, Does anyone know of any free tutorials out there...
pritz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™