Bought Fleece on sale on my lunch hour

huggybear_2008February 12, 2009

Okay friends, I have no stocks in Hancocks, or do I work for them.. However; today on my lunch hour, which I never take at work, I went to Hancock fabrics and got the best deal on fleece. $2.99 a yard and it is soo nice.. other more expensive fleece was also on sale 50% off and 40% off and some 30% off.. so I bought up a bunch..LOL never have to much fleece.. and the colors are so pretty.. I want to see if I can make just one layer fleece blanket for premies, and instead of tying the ends.. use my cutter with a scallop wheel on it and cut two blankets out of one yard to see just how big they would be , I am thinking they would be just right for the tiny babies.. that would make them about 18 x 30 which I think would be just about right. and with the warmer weather just around the corner they could use them up into spring. whatcha you all think??

Huggy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TwoMonths

I think that is great of you to make them for preemies. Do you take them to your local PEDS unit? My GD was in one in Austin and they were so good to her and there was one lady that crocheted little blankets for each one. I have made some smaller "pillow" blankets for the babies in Haiti. I understand the babies there are laid on floors on cardboard or newspapers. I think it sound a good size. Might try one on a baby doll to see how it fits. I love fleece. We get ads sometimes for Hancock but the store has closed down I think. Mostly we get Joannes.

Bookmark   February 12, 2009 at 11:05PM
More Discussions
Deco Mesh Wreath
This is my first attempt at making a deco mesh wreath....
donnas_gw
wind spinner patterns
does anyone have patterns for the old time wind spinners...
parker806
Hair Jewelry/Headpiece Questions
Hi everyone, This year, I will be attempting once again...
moonwolf_gw
How to decorate christmas tree, beads ribbons etc
I am trying to decide how to decorate my tree this...
L A
Vase Fillers As Rhinestones?
Hi everyone, I bought a few of these clear vase filler...
moonwolf_gw
Sponsored Products
15774AZT No Louver Kichler LED Brick Light Bronze Finish
EnvironmentalLights.com
Boticario de Havana Candle
$29.00 | FRONTGATE
King Paisley Sham with Flange - BLACK/ OFFWHITE (20X36)
$89.90 | Horchow
Gama Sonic GS-99F Windsor Solar Light with 11 Bright-White LEDs,3-Inch Fitter fo
Overstock.com
Terry Fan Ocean Meets Sky Fleece Throw
$49.99 | zulily
Motive Dining Side Chair in Walnut
$79.00 | LexMod
WAC Tesla LED Triple Spotlight Recessed Trim with Housing
Euro Style Lighting
Yellow Candle LED Night Light with Timing Function (approx.3x3 inches)
$7.95 | ParrotUncle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™