edges and fringe on fleece blankets

huggybear_2008February 13, 2009

Here are two different kinds of edges and fringe for your single layer fleece blankets I am going to sew around the entire blanket with a fancy stitch right above the fringe the yellow one.. and also will sew just above the fringe on the rabbit ear fringed one too. the yellow was done with my scalloped edge rotor cutter

Huggy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leveta

show pic's after you get it done....please...

Bookmark   February 13, 2009 at 2:47PM
huggybear_2008

okay I will. I have to make a baby blanket tonight for tomorrow for family member who I did not know was going to be at my son's house when we go there tomorrow so now I have make sure I have their baby blanket done.. so as soon as I get back to these baby blankets I will take pics..
Huggy

Bookmark   February 13, 2009 at 2:50PM
linnea56

How do you do the rabbit ear?

Bookmark   February 14, 2009 at 11:54PM
colorcrazy

Huggy, the rabbit ear one is adorable. What a cute way to dress up a blanket. Hope you had a great visit with your son.

Bookmark   February 15, 2009 at 9:31AM
huggybear_2008

here is what I did instead of using fringe on single layer receiving blankets made from fleece to send to hospital rec

and this is the special fabric I found for the premies..

Bookmark   February 16, 2009 at 8:44AM
huggybear_2008

Here is the blanket I made for my nephew and his wife their first baby girl due anytime.. this was before I did the fringe on this one.. it is pink and the back is sorta a rose color.. I used my scalloped edge rotor cutter to cut the fringe.. when completed I will post another picture..

Bookmark   February 16, 2009 at 9:37AM
sunnyca_gw

I liked the stitching around preemie blankets, No fringe to choke on! It looks like you keep the fringe pretty short & that's a good idea. I really like the rabbit ear one, do you stitch it from behind to get it to look like "rabbit ear"? Tell us how you do it!! Thanks! Jan

Bookmark   February 17, 2009 at 11:49AM
huggybear_2008

sunnyca, I have not done the rabbit ears yet.. but plan on it on one of the next blanket I make.. but here are directions. It came from this web site

http://www.linusidaho.org/finishafleeceblanket.htm

Picket Fence & Bunny (or Hounds) Ears:
Cut fringe 1 1/4" wide x 2" long. Cut ends as shown in picture.

Optional: Cut a small slit (no longer than 1/4" long) at the base of the fringe. Pull fringe through the hole to make a "Bunny Ear." If you don't make the end pointy - you have a "Hounds Ear."

Bookmark   February 17, 2009 at 12:31PM
huggybear_2008

If you go and check out the web site
http://www.linusidaho.org/finishafleeceblanket.htm
they give you many tips on making the blankets and also tips on laundry.. I have always been told not to use Liquid fabric softner in your washer. it does something to the fleece fabric and it will not keep its softness.. you can use fabric sheets in the dryer, but if they are going to the hospital I do not use them in the dryer either as the chemicals in the dryer sheets could hurt the tiny babies.. I use a mild laundry soap and that is it.. no softners at all.
Huggy

Bookmark   February 17, 2009 at 12:46PM
amberscu

I really like the scalloped edge!!

How often do you use your scalloped edge cutter? Just wondering if it's worth the cost.

Bookmark   February 17, 2009 at 10:47PM
sunnyca_gw

Thanks,huggybear!! I really like the edges & GF is going to be greatgrandma again soon, she likes to sew so this should be nice project for her. Did you ever use scissors for the edge or would it be too hard? Probably too hard on hands as mostly for cutting papers. Jan

Bookmark   February 18, 2009 at 3:16AM
huggybear_2008

Good morning all, Amberscu and Sunnyca to answer your questions.. I just got my scalloped blade for my rotary cutter and have been using the heck out of it.. I also bought a new rotary cutter as mine was older and was not the same one for that blade Huggy

Bookmark   February 18, 2009 at 8:43AM
More Discussions
How to decorate christmas tree, beads ribbons etc
I am trying to decide how to decorate my tree this...
L A
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
grandma_bonnie
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
oldcrafty
Will bake potato bags burn in the microwave?
Will baked potato bags burn in the microwave? I use...
cooper9191
Sponsored Products
Full/Queen Blanket 100" Square
$164.90 | Horchow
Floral Toggle and Outlet Plate
Signature Hardware
Westinghouse Flush Mounts 1-Light Weathered Bronze on Solid Brass Dual-Mount
$77.57 | Home Depot
Daredevil 30" High Oval Twist Wall Mirror
Lamps Plus
Dale Tiffany Lamps 17.5 in. Poppy Dark Antique Bronze Table Lamp with Night
Home Depot
Navy Football Field Personalized Fleece Blanket
$39.99 | zulily
Jaipur Maroc Owls Well Flat Weave Animal Print Pattern Wool Handmade Rug Multico
$58.00 | Hayneedle
Requisite Gray Cleo 16" Wide Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™