Spring Clips Spring birds....

lisamayFebruary 9, 2011

Hi all,

I have been hiding out in the gardening forums and never knew this crafty group was here. I am so excited, maybe now someone can help me. I am in search of spring metal clips. Here is what I am trying to do - I am planning on purchase some of the cute resin birds, robins, chickadees etc with the flat bottoms, they just sit - and turn them into clip birds I can hang on a fixture in my home. The only clips I can find are the ones premade for the glass Christmas birds, with the metal coil attached to the spring clip itself. I need the clip part only to glue onto the resin birds underside. Any ideas? Searching has about made my head spin!

Thanks for any input, so glad I found you guys!

Lisa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

I think what you need are alligator clips. I don't know where my last package of them is at the moment but you get either 2 or 4 I think for 98 cents. They are about 2-3 in. long by about 1/4 in wide & we made bracelet buddy's like a pen that you hold with 1 hand & then put bracelet in other with ring in the clip & you slip clasp over ring that is being held so you can do it yourself. You can get them at "Harbor Freight" or probably hardware store, Home Depot or Lowe's I think. Sounds like cute project. Show us when you get some done. Jan

Bookmark   February 10, 2011 at 1:00AM
More Discussions
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
Drying or preserving live flowers....
Having just lost a son, I'd like to be able to preserve...
SunnyDJ
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
jewelry wire for Christmas dangle ornament?
I can only find a couple of tutorials on the web and...
wilsonkaye
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™