Old Craft Magazines & More

amberscuFebruary 5, 2009

I am currently cleaning out my craft room and am slowly getting rid of items. I have several giveaways on my blog for different items.

I have the follwing that I am giving away:

10 Romance novels

9 Older craft magazines

98 pages of weight watcher recipes

and 542 quilt pieces to make the Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt block

The older magazines still have some really nice projects in them. The quilt pieces were a quilt kit that I bought several years ago. I did not cut them so they are precise.

I would rather these to go a good home than in the trash. If you are intrested in any of these items, just visit my blog and leave a comment under which item you would like.

Here is a link that might be useful: Red Mommy Crafts

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
concretenprimroses

Hi,
I keep seeing your post. I suspect a lot of us have old craft mags that we feel bad about just throwing away. What do other people do with them?

My local thrift store actually resells the actual Craft ones, even (maybe especially) the really old ones. I just bought one myself because it had something that interests me a lot in it. (Just what I need, lol) And I ve sent some on their way there. My problem is getting rid of old Country Living magazines. I hate to throw them out. For a while I stopped buying and looked at a different old one each month instead. I sold a stack for $1 at a yard sale a few years ago. Any one have any good uses?
kathy

Bookmark   February 15, 2009 at 7:49AM
colorcrazy

I posted my Quilting magazines on Craig's List for $1 each. The woman was very happy to get them.

Bookmark   February 15, 2009 at 9:29AM
concretenprimroses

That's true I keep forgetting about Craig's list partly since I live in a semi rural area. We also have a freecycle that I can offer my non craft magazines that the TS doesn't want.
kathy

Bookmark   February 16, 2009 at 6:41AM
amberscu

I would have to agree with trying Craigslist. AS for the Country Living, check with the local school. I know a lot of the lower grades are looking for magazines to cut pictures out of for different art projects.

Bookmark   February 16, 2009 at 11:28PM
More Discussions
Drying or preserving live flowers....
Having just lost a son, I'd like to be able to preserve...
SunnyDJ
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
grandma_bonnie
What type of fabric to use to make primitive snowman?
Hi...I have been making snow man door hangers. What...
donnas_gw
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
oldcrafty
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
Sponsored Products
Alps LED Wall Sconce by Philips Forecast Lighting
$236.00 | Lumens
Hand-tufted Coliseum Wool Rug (6' x 9')
Overstock.com
Freejack Scavo Pendant
Lightology
P47 Fargo Pendant with Monopoint
LBC Lighting
Sea Gull Lighting Wall Mounted Branford Wall-Mount 2-Light Outdoor Obsidian
Home Depot
Manola 60" Double Wall-Mounted Bathroom Vanity Set by Wyndham Collection - Espre
Modern Bathroom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™