When Good Crafts Go Bad

thrift_shop_romanticFebruary 4, 2007

I was thinking the other day about how much more memorable the projects that seem to have gone awry have been, than the ones that worked out really well. I suppose we all have them, it's all a part of the learning experience.

So I pulled together a little collection of past crafting mishaps (complete with pics!) which I figure will make anyone who's having trouble with a current project of their own feel just a little bit better.

You can view it here:

http://web.mac.com/thriftshopromantic/iWeb/The_Thrift_Shop_Romantic/When_Good_Crafts_Go_Bad.html

Happy Crafting!

-Jenn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
girlsingardens

Jenn,

That is so funny. I am glad that you have the cajones to step up and show your uh mistakes in crafting. PS I just love your blog I have bookmarked it to look at later. Thanks for posting.

Stacie

Bookmark   February 5, 2007 at 8:41AM
oddie

Jenn, your post did make me laugh, not at your projects, just the idea! I have more projects go worng then right, because I will try and find a cheap way to do something, when I should just buy what I need, guess we all learn from our mistakes! I dont get to upset when they dont go right, just try agine, if I still want to! Thanks for posting!
Happy Crafting
Oddie

Bookmark   February 5, 2007 at 8:48AM
thrift_shop_romantic

Aw, glad you folks got a chuckle. I don't know anyone who's crafted or done home improvements that hasn't had oopsy moments. (Well, maybe Martha Stewart-- other than that insider trading thing, I mean.)

My your current crafting be pain-free,
--Jenn

Bookmark   February 5, 2007 at 12:17PM
nicethyme

LOL, Thrift - I loved this and I just want to say that I just got lost on your site for long lovely time last night. Your writing is a joy and so are your projects. Thanks so much for sharing your ups as well as your downs!

candy

Bookmark   February 8, 2007 at 10:06AM
thrift_shop_romantic

Hi, Candy-
What an awfully nice thing to say! I know folks' time is at a premium anymore, so the fact you spent some of it on my site and had fun there is a genuine joy to me.

Thanks so much! You made my day. Who would have imagined I'd ever be happy some of my crafts went wiggy?

Much wonderful irony,
Jenn

Bookmark   February 8, 2007 at 3:11PM
les917

Enjoyed the journey with good crafts gone bad - heaven knows we've all been there! You write well - a good craft for sure for you!

Bookmark   February 16, 2007 at 12:44AM
adellabedella_usa

Your story made me laugh. I've got several of those projects too.

Bookmark   February 18, 2007 at 1:24PM
thrift_shop_romantic

:-)

Well, I may end up having another crafting disaster to share soon-- we shall see. I'm planning to see if it's possible to spray varnish Marshmallow Peeps to preserve for a centerpiece display.

This could be very, very cute... or very, very melty. I don't know enough about Peep physics to be able to predict the results on this one.

The Peeps are currently drying out in a bowl on my dining table. I suspect they know something is up. They look suspicious. :-)

--Jenn
http://web.mac.com/thriftshopromantic/iWeb/

Bookmark   February 19, 2007 at 9:33AM
nicethyme

Oh my...I'm rolling with laughter now! do keep us posted on that, please! LOL

Bookmark   February 19, 2007 at 6:20PM
thrift_shop_romantic

Well, so far the Peeps survived being spray varnished-- much of a shock to me as it likely was to them. :-) So I'm going to see about making them into festive garland, along with some spring colored beads.

I just have to remember to keep the Peep Physics in mind, or else they'll all be hanging upside down on the garland string. Not quite the effect I'm going for.

Hope everyone's currently crafting happy,
--Jenn
http://web.mac.com/thriftshopromantic/iWeb/

Bookmark   February 26, 2007 at 1:12PM
More Discussions
What type of fabric to use to make primitive snowman?
Hi...I have been making snow man door hangers. What...
donnas_gw
How to make hobbled roman shades?
Hi, Does anyone know of any free tutorials out there...
pritz
Vase Fillers As Rhinestones?
Hi everyone, I bought a few of these clear vase filler...
moonwolf_gw
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
yarn picture kit
I am looking for a kit that was popular in the 70's...
Terri-57
Sponsored Products
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Chandra Rugs Edina Brown 5 ft. x 7 ft. 6 in.
Home Depot
nuLOOM Modern Moroccan Trellis Grey Rug (4' x 6')
Overstock.com
Blackboard planter with tin liner
Origin Crafts
Ginkgo Tree Standard Outdoor Wall Sculpture
$695.00 | FRONTGATE
Green Greenball Planter - Set of Two
$32.99 | zulily
Walker Loveseat - Key Largo Graphite Brown
Joybird Furniture
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™