Old Wolf Oven turns on and off frequently

MFB4923November 25, 2012

We recently purchased a home with an old (installed 1989 per previous owner) Wolf 36" residential oven with range, both gas. The range works perfectly. But when we first moved in, we couldn't get the oven to start. We finally found a repairman who got it running. Now, when I turn it on, it clicks until the pilot light ignites. Then it clings and clangs while it attempts to actually heat the oven. I don't know what the part where the flames actually come out to heat the oven is called, but basically, it lights that part for a moment, then that part goes out. Then it lights it again. Then that part goes out. And so on and so forth for several minutes. After a while, it stays on and actually heats the oven. So, from one point of view, it's working fine. I can bake in it. But it makes lots of noise as it goes through this process, and the on-and-off thing makes me worried. I can't find the serial number and I have no instruction manual. What I would like to know is, is this dangerous? Normal? Any advice welcome. . .

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greendesigns_gw

Replace the thermocouple.

Bookmark   November 26, 2012 at 10:40AM
More Discussions
Flimsy dishwasher!
I have to admit that I have never heard of most of...
grapefruit1_ar
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
Keep your fingers crossed -Wolfie oven having DCL circuit error again!
So my Wolf has avoided the dreaded porcelain chipping...
a2gemini
Appliance Budget -$15k. How to spend?
We have $15k in our appliance allowance. We need a...
dcnatfan
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™