Potato bag disclaimer

grandma_bonnieFebruary 16, 2008

I finally figured out what was going wrong with the potato bags.

I had two women who scortched their potato bag - asked them some questions and found out both of them had old microwaves - Nancy's microwave is almost 25 years old and Jane's is almost 20 years old. I contacted our Sears appliance manager and was told the old machines have hot spots in them and that is the reason they scortch. - that and the fact that they don't have the turntables so I have printed out a disclaimer letting my people know - that if they are giving it out as a gift, make sure the microwave has a turntable! It doesn't have anything to do with the thread or the fabric not being 100% cotton either... I use the prequilted fabric top make my dog's rice bags and use them at least 3 times a day with not effect at all. I din't think about it, but it makes sense

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iowagirl2006

I remember with those early microwaves, they had you put a plate of marshmallows in and turn it on. You could then see right where the "hot spots" were.

Bookmark   February 16, 2008 at 11:32AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grandma_bonnie

Hmmmmm - I may do that with my friend, Nancy's microwave to show her how dangerous hers is. Her DH always had her buy and pay for the extrended warantee - crazy! She could have purchased 7 new microwaves with what she has paid for this every year!

Bookmark   February 17, 2008 at 10:11AM
More Discussions
Will bake potato bags burn in the microwave?
Will baked potato bags burn in the microwave? I use...
cooper9191
old - old - old crafts
Boy - looking at that Pack O Fun magazine got me thinking...
toomuchglass
What type of fabric to use to make primitive snowman?
Hi...I have been making snow man door hangers. What...
donnas_gw
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™