Leftover vinyl flooring

leftylouieFebruary 12, 2007

I have some leftover vinyl flooring and my husband is talking of throwing it away but I know there has to be some wonderful projects to do with it so I need your help. Thank you in advance....Nancy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
craftylady-2006

I know it's not "crafty" but I have pieces of leftover vinyl flooring in the cabinets underneath my kitchen and bathroom sinks. Keeps the wood new if water should drip.

Sal

Bookmark   February 12, 2007 at 10:29AM
sweets98

You can flip it over and paint the backside to make a floor cloth. I haven't ever tried this but I see it suggested every so often and have seen some really neat ones over time.

Bookmark   February 12, 2007 at 1:40PM
luvstocraft

Use it to line your cabinet drawers and shelves--easy to just wipe clean. If you don't need a rug, cut it to placemat size and paint or stencil the back for some kitchen or patio placemats--be sure to put a sealer on after you paint it. Luvs

Bookmark   February 12, 2007 at 11:01PM
dian57

I cut mine into 6 inch strips and slid it under my fance to keep the weeds from growing there. Did it over 20 years ago and it's still effective.

Bookmark   February 13, 2007 at 5:41AM
paintingfool

Lefty - I actually buy small remnants to paint on. It is very easy. From experience though, I would say to paint the entire piece you are planning to use on the backside with ordinary house paint, whatever color you like as a background. Then trace a pattern on or freehand. Once finished, give it a couple of good coats of polyurethane and wa-la, you have a floorcloth. My friend once cut the pieces in the shapes of snowmen and painted them for ornaments.

Bookmark   February 13, 2007 at 10:27AM
leftylouie

Thank you so much for your help, I can't wait to get started. I'm not much on freehand so I will have to get a stencil or copy a pattern. Thanks again, you are a great help. I will get busy looking for a stencil........Nancy

Bookmark   February 13, 2007 at 4:34PM
More Discussions
jewelry wire for Christmas dangle ornament?
I can only find a couple of tutorials on the web and...
wilsonkaye
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
oldcrafty
old - old - old crafts
Boy - looking at that Pack O Fun magazine got me thinking...
toomuchglass
What type of fabric to use to make primitive snowman?
Hi...I have been making snow man door hangers. What...
donnas_gw
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™