Grave Blanket photo and some tips

oddieFebruary 1, 2013

Thought I would share some tips I have for making grave blankets, I use old evergreen wreaths and cut them in half,shape each one, used white puff paint on the tips of the branches for color, flowers were painted and I used glitter for bling,bulbs the same, everything brought at the flea market and yard sales..I buy angles in any color as they can be sprayed painted, and dusted with glitter...this one sold for $45 I had maybe $4 in it, but a bit of time....Thanks for looking
oddie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sameboat

Wow that is very nice. I love to hear that you found everything at flea markets and yard sales. I can't wait for nice weather so I can shop around with a new eye to repurpose things. So true how a little paint and glitter can totally change the look of something!

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 9:43AM
sunnyca_gw

I had never seen "grave blankets " until I saw them on here & so many beautiful ones. Do they have a pick or something that keeps them from blowing off? That is just stunning. Out here they clear the graves at least once a week except maybe Christmas time. That 1 would get stolen for sure! TFS

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 3:02PM
oddie

Thank you, I do love using fresh pine, but in some places its not so easy to get.I have always loved the idea that I can up cycle just about anything, the cheaper the better! yes I use a coat hanger throu the bottom of the blanket cut like a u that pushes in the ground. I to can not wait for spring and flea markets and yard sales lol!
heres another photo of one done in blue and silver.
Thanks for looking
oddie

Bookmark   February 5, 2013 at 9:10AM
sameboat

Ooooohh the blue one is so cool!

Bookmark   February 5, 2013 at 4:26PM
sunnyca_gw

Beautiful! Love blue & silver together! TFS Jan

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 5:54PM
More Discussions
Halloween ideas
Hello, I am looking to do some knitted characters for...
Chrsbt45
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
oldcrafty
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
How to make hobbled roman shades?
Hi, Does anyone know of any free tutorials out there...
pritz
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™