Experience with Rub N Buff?

cindylouhooFebruary 21, 2008

I have never used this product, but I wanted to try it on a resin type container that holds decorative orbs. I'd like to add some additional color to it so it will blend in better with my accent colors. Will the Rub N Buff come off on a dusting cloth or my hands when I pick up the container to move it around or to dust. I just wondered how permanent it is. Thanks for any info!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

Hi Cindy, I think you could just put a couple coats of spray sealer on it and avoid that kind of problem. You can get it in a matte (soft not shiny) or a gloss (really shiny) finish. Sounds like you are doing lots of neat items.

Luvs

Bookmark   February 21, 2008 at 7:08PM
cindylouhoo

Aaaaack, Luvs, I feel like I'm spinning my wheels most days. With a 7 mos. old and a 2 yr. old, I'm lucky to get my hair and makeup done ; ). After 16 yrs. of teaching, I'm so glad to be home with my own kids, but I haven't created a very good schedule for us.
Being home so much has made me really examine my house and what I can do (inexpensively) to improve it.
I decided against the willow balls I'd posted about earlier (for now). They just didn't look right for the place I had in mind. So I bought some red resin type ones at Hobby Lobby, but the container I have just needs a little something to make it flow better. I would like to try and make some someday using the willow balls and some of those suggestions I got here.
I am proud I was able to do a decorative floral wreath for myself to match my new color scheme.
I'll have to check out that Etsy site you mentioned!
I lurk here for ideas I can try and love to read how creative folks can be. Thanks!

Bookmark   February 21, 2008 at 8:09PM
snolady

You can contact the manufacturer of rub and buff at this site and ask questions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amaco rub n buff

Bookmark   February 22, 2008 at 8:27AM
More Discussions
Can anyone recommend a spray paint for Styrofoam?
I know it exists, as I've used it. I need to spray...
linnea56
Wooden cutouts
This crazy but I am looking for a Texas tech university...
lholton2
Is there a product?
that you can design specific lettering graphics on...
pixistix
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
Town Fair Vent
So yesterday I set up some jewelry I make, which I...
sameboat
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™