? for anyone

SEWigardnutFebruary 22, 2007

Does anyone know what this kind of yarn is called, and where it can be found. It reminds me on the 1970's hair "ribbons" we used to tie around our ponytails but its thinner. Any help you could give would be great.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Did someone possibly take two strands of yarn and twist it? The picture is a little hard to make out because it's so close but that's what it looks like to me.

    Bookmark   February 23, 2007 at 7:18AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I have seen this also, but cannot remember where. Did you check places like Herchergers(sp?) catalog or type in yarn? You can put two pieces of yarn together, but this looks 'too" good/even.

    Bookmark   February 23, 2007 at 3:11PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I did a quick check for variegated yarn and several came up but did not look as open as this Herrchners does have a couple that came close. Just type in veriegated in the search box. Hope you find it.

    Bookmark   February 23, 2007 at 3:21PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

thanks everyone. This reminds of the soft yarn type stuff we used to tie around our pony tails. I got this in a bunch of vintage trims at an estate sale.

    Bookmark   February 23, 2007 at 3:59PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
old - old - old crafts
Boy - looking at that Pack O Fun magazine got me thinking...
What type of fabric to use to make primitive snowman?
Hi...I have been making snow man door hangers. What...
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™