Crafter's slump !!!!!!!!!!!!

huggybear_2008February 22, 2009

Hi Oddie, You know I think we all just sorta get into a crafters type slump..our creative juices just do not seem to work for us at times.. and that is when we should more than likely take a break.. I am sure glad to see you back again.. I love all your work and your shares.. You do some awesome items..and you should be very proud of them.. I know whatcha mean about it taking twice as long to do certain things any more. Heck, at the age of 70 it takes me sometimes three times as long.. LoL .. but if I just keep at it I finally make it.. little worse for wear so to speak, but I do make it.. It is funny you mentioned nursing homes. as my grandson wants to do his Service work for school at the nursing homes.. so I think that would be a great project for he and I to do as a team..Thanks for giving me that spark we needed.. I just love the babies and since he was a twin preemie and he is the one who made it.. our baby blankets means a lot to him also.. his way of giving back too.. Oddie, please keep coming back here.. we all missed you..

Huggybear

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

Yes, we sure have missed you Oddie!!I thought maybe you had gone back to work or taking care of GK'S as kids working as is happening in so many families trying to stay afloat. Glad you are back! Jan

Bookmark   February 22, 2009 at 10:35AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oddie

thank you, so glad I sparked a idea for you, and that is so great to hear of young kids wanting to help, like your Gs, too many cant get away from the tv and video games, and dont have a clue how others live, sounds like you have a wonderfull gs to be very prould of! gosh I never would have thought you are 70, you sure dont seem like it, always doing something, guess you are only as old as you feel, Iam 52, no real health problems I know off havent been to a doctor in years, but gosh I couldnt keep up with you LOL!
we now have my son a gs and a step son and a dog liveing with us,althoe I love my family very much dont leave much time for crafting as I am one of those crafters that cant do anything with people around, I have been reading the post, just dont always have much to add to the post,since I am a make do crafter my ways arent the right way.
Jan thank you, gosh never thought I would be missed much the board is hopping with so many new crafters and thats great! thanks for your kind words, I will try harder to atleast post more offen, as for now Iam not looking for work, but who knows, hubby has had alot of cut backs in pay, I so feel for all the people who have lost there jobs! what will they do, wont be much help for anyone out there, might have to go back to the olden days where families all lived in one house.
Take care
oddie

Bookmark   February 23, 2009 at 8:48AM
More Discussions
How to decorate christmas tree, beads ribbons etc
I am trying to decide how to decorate my tree this...
L A
Will bake potato bags burn in the microwave?
Will baked potato bags burn in the microwave? I use...
cooper9191
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
oldcrafty
Christmas Village
I received a few pieces last x-mas and I didnt do a...
christine1950
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
Sponsored Products
Hudson Valley Lighting | Willet Three Light Pendant
$700.00 | YLighting
Daylight 7 in. White Ultra Slim Magnifying Lamp U22020-01
Home Depot
Ai-Pi Ceiling/Wall Light by Zaneen
$122.40 | Lumens
Woodford Dark Brown Rectangular: 5 ft. x 8 ft. Rug
$331.95 | Bellacor
Domino Flushmount by Zaneen
$2,782.08 | Lumens