My daughter's first dance

jojocoDecember 2, 2007

She is 12 and this is her first dress up dance.

She is growing up so quickly...

Jo

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jessyf

She's gonna be a heartbreaker....

Bookmark   December 2, 2007 at 3:15PM
canarybird01

Oh Jo she looks so pretty! It makes me remember my first dance also when I was 12, and my first dance dress:

Bookmark   December 2, 2007 at 4:21PM
centralcacyclist

What a beauty! (Like her mom.) Wait a few years, and compare your photos... wow! I hope she had a wonderful time. We need the post dance report!

It's still odd for me to see my baby girl in heels!

Bookmark   December 2, 2007 at 4:59PM
jojoco

Oh Sharon, I love that picture of you! The pose is so classic, as are the pearls and everything else. I can't be sure, but it sure looks like a smile is trying to escape from your very proper expression.

Phoebe (my dd) hasn't had her dance yet. It is Friday night. She just wanted to model the dress for me. (again). I will post post dance pics.

Bookmark   December 2, 2007 at 7:08PM
beanthere_dunthat

She's very pretty. And I love the dress.

(All the girls are wearing strappy sandals to their dances this year -- don't their feet get COLD?)

Bookmark   December 2, 2007 at 10:22PM
sheshebop

She is a pretty little thing, Jojoco. Gosh, I didn't know they had dances when they were that young. Seems like every generation our littlun's grow up faster. Is she a 6th grader? Cme to think of it, it just seems like maybe I did have a dance in 6th grade.
Anyway, enough rambling. Your daughter is an absolute doll, and looks so cute and so grown up in that outfit.
Sherry

Bookmark   December 3, 2007 at 12:08PM
lackboys3

She looks lovely Jo, you must be so proud of her! I have a handsome eleven year old son who can dance a mean electric slide......

DONNA

Bookmark   December 3, 2007 at 6:50PM
craftyrn

Oh boy Jo-- the next few years are going to be wonderful-- but trying!! She has a killer smile .

Diane

Bookmark   December 6, 2007 at 9:10PM
annie1992

I agree, Diane, the next few years are going to be exciting for Jo, with that beauty for a daughter!

Jo, she's gorgeous, I hope she has a wonderful time.

Renee, I often wondered about those open toed shoes all year round too, but Jo lives....where?

Annie

Bookmark   December 7, 2007 at 12:52PM
Carol Schmertzler Siegel

Jo, she's beautiful! Looking forward to hearing about the dance! Do they have it at the school? My daughter's first dance was in 6th grade, in the gym, decorated by the 6th grade parents, and catered with kid friendly food!

Annie and Renee, around here they wear the open toes year round, through the snow! Mine is 13, nothing bothers her, have to yell for her to take her coat!

Bookmark   December 8, 2007 at 12:52AM
earthlydelights

jo, she's so pretty. hope you have the newspapers rolled up to smack away the dogs that will be knocking down the door! love her dress, love the shoes.

maryanne

Bookmark   December 10, 2007 at 8:09AM
chase_gw

Oh Jo what a sweetheart, they grow up so fast. Seems like yesterday Meredith was going to her first dance and now she in 4th year university....wish we could put them in a bottle and keep them little forever. Oh wait that means they live here for ever......I take it all back!

Let us know how it went!

Bookmark   December 14, 2007 at 6:35PM
msazadi

Jo, she looks so sweet...and sooooo young. Sharon, you too look like a young innocent (I"m sure I'm mistaken about that. tho ..hehehe)

And the shoes -Open toes, no stockings, all year round in all weather!!! We've become our own mothers!

Bookmark   December 26, 2007 at 8:56PM
centralcacyclist

We never heard about the dance! Did she have a good time?

Bookmark   January 16, 2008 at 12:20PM
More Discussions
What to do with fermented green tomaotes?
We have more than a lifetime's worth of fermented green...
matthias_lang
I still love cooking....
I still love cooking and sorry to have been MIA for...
wizardnm
A couple more questions about the new format
I've noticed that there's an underline, then gw after...
sally2_gw
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
BISCUITS
Just made these biscuits, but felt they weren't worth...
Robert Givens
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™