cleaning vases

datura-07January 2, 2010

I left water in a really tall vase that was filled with clear marbles and I can't get it clean. It's very tall and I don't have a brush that will reach the bottle but the brush I have doesn't seem to help the area I can reach.

I've soaked it in bleach - which has always worked in the past. I tried denture tabs this afternoon - 4 of them - no change.

Any ideas?? thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
justlinda

Fill with uncooked rice and a little warm water, swish it around, maybe cover the opening with your hand and turn it upside down....has worked in the past for me. Good luck.

Bookmark   January 2, 2010 at 10:31PM
sunnyca_gw

I used ice chips & salt to clean glass coffee pots at cafe I worked at s teenager, the salt is gritty & ice helps move it around, of course you have to shake it by hand. it got the pots very clean. If not of these ideas work try the "Cleaning forum" on the" Home Forums" up at top of this page. Might try vinegar & let sit overnite. Odd that clear marbles would stain, could it be minerals in your water? There's CLR might have letters wrong, I don't have any but see ads on TV for it. Supposed to get rust, hard water stains etc out. Good Luck! Jan

Bookmark   January 2, 2010 at 11:25PM
datura-07

justlinda, that's sounds like a super idea.

sunnyca, you are correct - it slipped my mind but our softener hasn't been working - need a new one. That's what is on it. I use CLR all the time.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Bookmark   January 3, 2010 at 11:27AM
tami_ohio

Denture cleaning tablets work great! I used to use them to clean a narrow beverage container with a spigot on it that fit along the side of the frige, and there was no way to use a brush on it. Of course it always had iced tea or cool aid in it! The denture tablets worked great to get the stain out, and I could put hot soapy water in to make sure it was "clean" afterwards. It kind of works like alkaseltser and fizzes it clean.

Tami

Bookmark   January 4, 2010 at 8:54PM
More Discussions
Is there a product?
that you can design specific lettering graphics on...
pixistix
Drying or preserving live flowers....
Having just lost a son, I'd like to be able to preserve...
SunnyDJ
Wooden cutouts
This crazy but I am looking for a Texas tech university...
lholton2
Christmas Village
I received a few pieces last x-mas and I didnt do a...
christine1950
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
grandma_bonnie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™