A time to party: Bud turns one, Makayla is three.

annie1992October 30, 2006

Well, this weekend was it, the big birthday party for the grandkids. Although Amanda cooked a great meal with homegrown ham, au gratin potatoes, baked beans, fresh veggies for dipping, and I baked rolls and birthday cakes, we didn't think to take pictures of any of the food. Figures....

We did get pictures of the kids and the cakes, though. Makayla helped me, she put the sprinkles on Bud's cupcakes:

Then she spread a copious layer of frosting on her own "Under the Sea Mermaid" cake. She loved the cake, I was less impressed, probably because I forgot all my decorating tips and had to decorate the whole blasted thing with nothing but ziplock bags with the corners cut off. Ah well, she was happy.

She dunked "Mom's" rosebud cakes in glaze and was happy with the results:

The day of the party she helped me assemble Bud's cupcake tree and putting the finishing touches on her own cake:

Sadie helped by trying to swipe anything she could find. Remembering the Christmas Cookie fiasco, we kept her away from the table:

Before everyone arrived, the birthday girl put on her birthday princess crown:

Guests began to arrive. Many of you will remember Linsey, the down syndrome baby with all the heart problems. She's healthy, happy and friendly, in spite of all the doctors dire warnings:

Maykayla donned her "shades" to post with cousins Tommy and KayLynn:

My nephew Philip came with his son, Zander. The little devil costume is most appropriate, BTW:

Time for cake. Bud enjoyed his cake greatly, and he was appropriately impressed by his sister's decorating ability.

Makayla blew out all her candles, one at a time.

Even Dad got into the party mood, wearing the prerequisite "birthday crown". LOL. David's gonna kill me for posting this!

What a perfect birthday, lots of food, lots of cake, lots of presents, lots of happy children and contended adults. Happy Birthday to my daughter, my Grand Monkey Makayla and the Big Guy.

Annie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dedtired

Annie, thank you for sharing these beautiful children with us. I giggled out loud at the shot of Bud getting ready to huff and puff. BTW, chocolate becomes him.

Makayla is such a beauty and it's nice to meet Linsey and hear she is doing well.

You're a good granny!

Bookmark   October 30, 2006 at 3:35PM
chancesmom

How sweet! Bud looks like such a little boy.....not a baby! Mikayla is a dollface! Yep, Pam is right, you are a good granny!

Bookmark   October 30, 2006 at 4:15PM
Gina_W

Oh yes, "White Cloud: The Next Generation", I can imagine the TV series already. Annie of course will play herself as the wise and loving matriarch with the strange internet habit!

Great pix Annie!

Bookmark   October 30, 2006 at 6:11PM
debbie814

Annie, looks like a great day of many celebrations. You are such a wonderful grandmother.

Bookmark   October 30, 2006 at 6:56PM
phyllis_philodendron

Oh how cute! I could never let David help me with frosting or it would mysteriously end up on the ceiling. Or worse.

Lindsay is adorable and I'm so glad to hear she's doing well! And I love Makayla's sunglasses. Your mermaid cake is divine! (good job with the Ziplock bags, BTW. Aren't those a total PITA? But they work in a pinch!)

Bookmark   October 30, 2006 at 9:18PM
riverrat1

Oh Lindsey does look great! It's good to see her. Thanks for posting a picture of her.

Happy Birthday gang! Makayla is growing up to be a beautiful little girl. That Bud is as handsome as his Daddy! Beautiful family Annie!

Bookmark   October 30, 2006 at 10:09PM
shaun

What a great party! Looks like everyone had a ball! Mostly David hahahahahha!!!!!

Bookmark   October 31, 2006 at 7:19AM
jessyf

SHE'S THREE?????

Gina you forgot 'bulldog'.

Hey where is the deviled eggs! NVM, looks like a great party. Wonderful family!

Bookmark   October 31, 2006 at 7:26AM
wizardnm

Annie, your Grandkids are just adorable and I love the cake! Good job!

Nancy

Bookmark   October 31, 2006 at 8:25AM
stacy3

Annie, I so appreciate when you share your pics of those little ones! They're so sweet - and Makayla looks very proud of those finishing touches...thanks for sharing these.

Stacy

Bookmark   October 31, 2006 at 10:10AM
doucanoe

Looks like an awesome party, Annie! Ya done good with the zip locks, by the way...

The kids are sure getting big, and they are beautiful as ever! Thanks for sharing!

Linda

Bookmark   October 31, 2006 at 10:40AM
kent4489

Annie, Oh gee, I almost forgot to come over here to the gallery. So glad I remembered! What a GREAT party! Love all the pics!

Bookmark   October 31, 2006 at 11:54AM
annie1992

Jessica, that is NOT "Bulldog". That would be "Pitbull". And I earned that through years of being a complete and total b*tch, so I wear the designation proudly.

I AM "The Pitbull". When I'm not busy being "Empress of the Universe".

As for the devilled eggs, you ever see what happens when you let a kid under 5 touch a devilled egg? It's not pretty, and so the "egg pictures" were redacted. LOL

It sure is hard to believe that my little sweetheart is three, isn't it? Thankfully, she'll still sit on my lap with her arms around my neck and sing "I love you, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck". She's gonna stop that soon, isn't she? Sigh.

Bud doesn't like kisses, he cries.

San, if you are out there, Makayla sends special "tisses" for you.

Annie

Bookmark   October 31, 2006 at 12:32PM
caliloo

What gorgeous kids! Makayla is certainly the best little helper you could ask for and Bud is a little doll.

Glad to hear that Linsey is doing well - that was quite the scare she gave all of you.

Wonderful photos and thanks for sharing such a grand celebration!

Alexa

Bookmark   November 1, 2006 at 8:14AM
brenda55

What a fun birthday party. I am very impressed with your Mermaid cake. How nice that you made all three of the birthday treats. The g-kids are adorable. Of course, I love the pic of Bud really enjoying his cake -- my kind of kid! Makayla is just a doll and don't you just love the warm fuzzy feeling when they get in your lap and hug and sing. Hooray for Linsey, too.

Bookmark   November 1, 2006 at 10:45AM
craftyrn

Gosh Annie-- don't they grow up fast? Love the expression on Bud's face in that first picture-- he's just waiting to get his hands into that cake !

And I bet your little Princess will never get too old to give umma a hug .

Bookmark   November 1, 2006 at 10:47AM
mustangs81

I don't often come over to this side of the CF; I'm certainly glad I did. Really does look like a great time with the kids--beautiful kids I might add. Guess it's the good genes.

Cathy

Bookmark   November 1, 2006 at 2:45PM
canarybird01

Great photos Annie and your grandkids are growing up faster than any I've seen.
Makyla is a real little beauty and Bud looks so big for his age.
So good to see and hear that Linsey is doing well.

Looks like it was a wonderful party! Thanks for the photos.

SharonCb

Bookmark   November 1, 2006 at 2:56PM
bubbeskitchen

Oh Annie,

Don't you just want to freeze-frame these moments? The kids are adorable; we know that you are justifiably proud. Love the baked goodies; the cake is wonderful zip-locs and all.

As grandmas go, you are top notch! Lucky kids.

Bookmark   November 1, 2006 at 11:04PM
Carol Schmertzler Siegel

UmmMa, i got to the party a little late, but those are beautiful kids! I can't believe how big Bud is getting and Makayla, three already? What a great celebration and especially nice to see Linsey!

Bookmark   November 4, 2006 at 10:23AM
homesforsale

You make life fun..I can feel it in the photos..Kids are grand and they wipe our troubles away..I love those ages..The expressions..their beautiful souls..

Bookmark   December 5, 2006 at 7:52AM
whiteorchid75

How'd I miss this thread?!?!?

The grandbabies are gorgeous, Annie! Looks like you guys had a great time that day!

Bookmark   December 17, 2006 at 3:49PM
More Discussions
Substitutions that turned out better than the "real thing?"
Hi, all. The other day I wanted one of my "go-to"...
kiwigem
Curry (I think) flavored coffee cake
My boss's friend shared a coffee cake, or fruit cake...
sally2_gw
Easter Sunday Dessert
My favorite dessert is a good home-made pound cake....
Robert Givens
Monkey Princess makes pretzels
The Monkey Princess decided that we needed to learn...
annie1992
More Sourdough Discard & Baker's Kaffeeklatsch
We left off at Troisième I haven't had time and...
plllog
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™