What Kind of glue should I use?

alan_2008January 27, 2008

I need to glue a construction paper design that is falling apart onto a manila folder (for support). What type of glue should I use for this (Elmer's White glue?) and/or is there a better combination of backing and glue to preserve this construction?


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Heres a link that may be helpful! not sure I would try the white glue as it could make your paper wrinkle.

Here is a link that might be useful: glueing this to that

    Bookmark   January 28, 2008 at 8:20AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Preserving the construction paper that is far from being acid free is going to be a problem in the long run even after you have reglued it to a more supportive piece. Spray both your construction paper piece and whatever you decide to back it with(an acid free mat board would be great and give a lot of support) with a "make it acid-free" type product, also use an acid free glue usually found in your scrapbooking department of even Wal Mart and any craft store.
good luck on your venture!!

    Bookmark   January 28, 2008 at 10:18AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
yarn picture kit
I am looking for a kit that was popular in the 70's...
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
How to decorate christmas tree, beads ribbons etc
I am trying to decide how to decorate my tree this...
Sponsored Products
Rosebud Lamp
$365.00 | Horchow
La Phillippe Reclaimed wood Rectangular Dining Table
Knoll | Bertoia Barstool with Seat Cushion, Outdoor
Chilewich Metallic Fringe Square Placemat - Set of 4 - Chilewich
$80.00 | HORNE
8mm LED Strip Light Bar, 98 inches long
FontanaArte | Raso IP20
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™