painting our Ez-up Tent?

gladgrowingJanuary 27, 2008

Hi!

I am wondering if any of you have experience with using the newer spray paints made for plastics on nylon canopy covers? I have a white ez-up, that has some mildew spots on it. As i may start selling crafts, value-added farm products, and produce from it - i would like to spray paint it to look best in the lovely mountain terrain we live in!

I know rustoleum and krylon make spray paints that adhere completely to plastics, so thought that might work?

Thanks for advice!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
craftylady-2006

I've not used those spray paints but you might want to go to the brand name of the paint website and see if they have any info there that might help you. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Sal

Bookmark   January 28, 2008 at 10:11AM
luvstocraft

I agree with Craftylady--do a little more research first. When I think of Nylon, I don't think "plastic". I'm sure there is a way to paint it, but not sure what product would work and not crack.

I used the plastic paints on some mesh look slingback seats on a patio set,and it worked really well. They've been out in the sun and rain and are holding up well.

Maybe you could find a little umbrella of the same type fabric and experiment on it before you do your big tent??? Good luck, and please come back and let us know what you ended up using.

Luvs

Bookmark   January 28, 2008 at 12:50PM
maddya

Gladgrowing,
Listen to the advice of Luvs and Craftylady.......you won't be sorry. They have the market cornered on this stuff. They are great girls.
Maddya

Bookmark   January 28, 2008 at 12:59PM
lynnencfan

I would definitely do a test sample first before doing your whole E-Zup. I would also check into Design Master spray paints. They have more of a dye quality about them than an actual coating like you think about when you think paints. It will probably be more expensive but I know you won't get the cracking and peeling you might get with the other products. I know it also holds up very well over the years......

Lynne

Bookmark   January 28, 2008 at 1:15PM
gladgrowing

Thank you all, for your replies! I will write back if i make a choice and let you hear how it went! It will be some time ahead :)

Bookmark   January 28, 2008 at 11:58PM
More Discussions
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
How to make hobbled roman shades?
Hi, Does anyone know of any free tutorials out there...
pritz
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
Wooden cutouts
This crazy but I am looking for a Texas tech university...
lholton2
Halloween ideas
Hello, I am looking to do some knitted characters for...
Chrsbt45
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™