30" Gas Range in condo
Hi all! I am looking to replace the 30" gas range in my condo. I'm not sure about the actual venting ability, since there is an OTR microwave, and the range itself is a builder-basic GE.
In my previous home (and dream kitchen), I had a 36" DCS that I loved. I'd like to spend less this time, but here are my priorities:
- minimal electronics/circuit boards, if possible
- moderately powered burners. I don't need to boil 5 gallons of water in 30 seconds, but a decent output for searing/stir frying would be nice
- convection oven with infrared broiler
- continuous grates
In my "nice to have" categories:
- oven can hold a full-size sheet tray. I realize that this would tip me over the scale to the Bluestar/AR price range (~$3K)
- NOT a black porcelain surface under the burners. Current unit is black and is a PITA to keep clean/smudge-free
- 5 burners
My counter space is very limited, so replacing the OTR microwave with a hood is possible (again, actual venting ability is unknown), but not optimal. I do use my microwave quite a bit.
Any suggestions? From my cursory forays to the large-scale consumer store, most of the ranges under $2K have black porcelain tops. The LG ones with the blue oven innards are pretty pretty pretty, but won't accommodate a full sized sheet pan. (I'm a baker, and this would be a bonus).