I've never posted on this forum...

chattypatty49January 2, 2009

I come here often and am truly amazed at all the talent you ladies have. I dabble in crafts, but am not too good at it.

I'm embarrassed to ask this, but here goes.

Do any of you ladies know of a site that I could go to, that would have a pretty picture and verse on it, that I can put a picture in(on)?

I lost my Mom recently and would like to fix some kind of remembrance pic of her for my brother and for me.

TIA

Chattypatty

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amberscu

I cannot help you in what you are looking for but, I just wanted to give you a "Welcome to the board"!
There is no need for you to feel embarrassed in asking for anything here. We all have our "speciality" areas and need help outside of those.

I also wanted to say that I am sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. I cannot imagine what it would be like to lose a parent.

Amber

Bookmark   January 2, 2009 at 3:41PM
susiewantsroses

I am Susie. I usually post at Garden Junk.

I have experienced loosing my Mom too. Funeral Homes usually have a world of info creating rememberances. They could probably share their sources. They even sent a special memory book mark and an encased rose from her grave to me after my Mom passed.

I would also go to Google and type - Memory crafts, Mother's Day Crafts, Condolences for Mother, sympathy cards.

God Bless you and your brother through this.

Bookmark   January 2, 2009 at 4:05PM
oddie

welcome to the fourm! sorry to hear of the loss of your mother, I to lost mine 24 years ago and it still hurts, heres a memory craft I made for my family of my mother, she so loved flowers, the poem went around the craft boards a few years ago ,I still cry when I read it, my computer crashed and I lost the page I had saved of this,you could find a nice scrapbook page, and write the poem and add your photo, made one for my DBIL for his mom and changed the words from roses to flowers, and used a different page, I am sure the page I used was a freebe from some where, if you think you would like this I will hunt for the page, this was a 8x10 size and I put it in a nice frame

oddie

Bookmark   January 3, 2009 at 8:25AM
chattypatty49

Oddie, this is exactly what I am looking for. If you could find the page and send it to me , I would appreciate it very much. My email addy is: pittypat79@yahoo.com

Thanks
Chattypatty

Bookmark   January 3, 2009 at 10:20AM
jade2

Oddie, that is a beautiful poem and what a nice remembrance idea. Could you please email the page to me also. I would like to make one for my mom, too. Thanks so much for the idea! cgn53@verizon.net

Bookmark   January 3, 2009 at 12:53PM
kidd

Oddie, I too would like to make this for my brother. Our mother will be gone 10 years in March. My email is lfield99@aol.com.

Thanks so much for all the help you provide alone with the other crafters.

Bookmark   January 3, 2009 at 11:31PM
oddie

still looking, not sure I will ever find this page, Iam checking with my sister as I think I sent her the page itself before the poem and picture was added,oh how I wish I had put my things on cds before my computer crashed! what a lesson to learn!
oddie

Bookmark   January 5, 2009 at 8:45AM
chattypatty49

Snolady!!!!
Thank you so much for posting these links.
Chattypatty

Bookmark   January 5, 2009 at 9:09PM
oddie

sorry I have taken so long! couldnt find the rose page before I added the poem and photo, so fixed this one in my print shop for you all, I am adding the link to my photobucket album so you can click and save the page use the frist one, there are three, could not get it to load on this post said was worng url, dont know what I was doing worng, also the poem is there you could save it also, if you need more help just ask.
Happy Crafting
oddie

Here is a link that might be useful: my album

Bookmark   January 6, 2009 at 2:30PM
More Discussions
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
Hair Jewelry/Headpiece Questions
Hi everyone, This year, I will be attempting once again...
moonwolf_gw
Is Petal Porcelain still available ?
Remember it ? Do they still make it ? It was made to...
toomuchglass
Wooden cutouts
This crazy but I am looking for a Texas tech university...
lholton2
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
oldcrafty
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™