Where to find cheap (vintage) jewelry for crafts?

phish_gwJanuary 27, 2014

Hi all

I'd love to make more crafts with jewelry, ideally but not neccessarily vintage. But I'm not finding any of it to be cheap at the usual areas of garage sales, thrift shops, ect.

Does anyone know of a good place to find cheap jewelry to use for crafts? I'm pretty flexible - modern or vintage, newly made or made long ago, ect. I'd just like it to be cheap and good to use for crafts. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

Hard to come by as most people realize the new stuff is poor quality. I used to get stuff at yard sales but it is almost never available any more. Even some Avon is cheap stuff. They always had such nice costume jewelry & friend gave me some for Christmas but it is not what it used to be. Just have to keep watching yard sales & hope you get there early & get lucky.

Bookmark   January 27, 2014 at 11:50PM
scarlett2001

Do you have Craigslist or Pennysaver? You can advertise for free and try to scare some up.

I have found a lot at church bazaars. The older ladies usually have some they don't wear anymore.

Bookmark   February 2, 2014 at 2:53AM
sushipup1

And Freecycle. I just saw a listing here to give away old costume jewelry. You can run a "wanted" listing.

Bookmark   February 2, 2014 at 10:57AM
More Discussions
Town Fair Vent
So yesterday I set up some jewelry I make, which I...
sameboat
What type of fabric to use to make primitive snowman?
Hi...I have been making snow man door hangers. What...
donnas_gw
Wooden cutouts
This crazy but I am looking for a Texas tech university...
lholton2
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
yarn picture kit
I am looking for a kit that was popular in the 70's...
Terri-57
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™