quiet refrigerators with good crispers

pacnwsterNovember 22, 2013

We need to replace our bottom freezer Amana, it's over 15 years old and freezing fridge food while not staying cold enough in the freezer.

I read through the giant thread started in '08 for quiet fridges, but the last posting was April, so I'm wondering if anyone has any new recommendations on quiet fridges. Side-by-sides tend not to have enough fridge space for us, and I don't have to have any water or ice in the door (although the 4 year old might disagree). We do a ton of farmer's market shopping and go through a lot of produce, so something with good crisper function is ideal. Would like to keep the cost under $2K but would pay a smidge for quiet and functional.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
petestein1

I know it's well outside your budget, and there must be other options out there, but the last 3 homes I've rented or purchased have all had sub-zero units in them and they are a modern miracle in terms of produce.

The 14 year old unit we currently have keeps bags of loose lettuce from the farmer's market fresh in the crisper for 2+ weeks. Herbs in a glass of water can last on a shelf for 3 weeks. It's absurd how long produce lasts.

Maybe you can find one used on craigslist? They last so long that I wouldn't hesitate to buy a ten year old unit.

Bookmark   November 23, 2013 at 9:22PM
More Discussions
Bosch Benchmark slide-in induction range
I am pretty committed to going induction with our remodel....
steph2000
24" refrigerator. Liebherr, Fagor, LG, etc?
We live in Boston. We are in the market for 24"....
ttkogi
48" Wolf, Thermador or Bluestar...or something else?
Looking into purchasing a 48" range. Wolf: Classic....
wren21
Masterchef options for Miele speed oven
I have played around with a Miele combi steam oven...
barbja99
Seeking Bosch Benchmark Feedback
I know there have been a few posts regarding the new...
nadianyc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™