The 'Deluxe E-Z Bowmaker'??

chery2January 27, 2006

...as seen on TV...OVER 3 MILLION SOLD!! As EZ as 1-2-3" blah, blah, blah. . .

OK, I'm a sucker. I saw a demo on the Carol DuVall show and had to have one to make hairbows for my almost-3 granddaughter. So I had a 40% off coupon at JoAnn's and used it to get the bowmaker for $6 instead of $10.

Maybe I'm brain-challenged, but I don't find the thing user- friendly AT ALL. "Lay a wire b/t the dowels" Um. . . and just leave it lying there? Not attached to anything??

And what is a "half-twist"???

The demo made it look lots easier -- and she just used a little piece of cardboard, not a 16" board w/ dowels attached [after you hammer them in, that is].

Whew! I'm going to give it another go, but bowmaker kit makers and EasyShare digital camera makers ought to have more consideration for us feeble minded.

chery2

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grandma_bonnie

I found this ---
http://www.ezbowz.com/PDF/ez_bow_maker_instruction.pdf
HTH

Bookmark   January 27, 2006 at 10:09PM
kellieann

I'm with you on this one. I tried using the E-Z Bowmaker to make pew bows for church and after ruining a whole spool of ribbon I gave up. I'm putting it in my next yard sale!!!!

Bookmark   January 28, 2006 at 1:41PM
grandma_bonnie

I love mine, but I also use wired ribbon so they can be fluffed up if it gets mushed... I also use at least twice the amount of ribbon called for. I made a bunch of the glass blocks (the small one were all I could find here 6" x 6")for a Christmas craft show and sold all I had - three other venders had the blocks, but their bows were chincy.... They only sold some when all mine were gone... It does take practice, but it is well worth it!

Bookmark   January 28, 2006 at 10:23PM
dian57

I agree with Grandma Bonnie--practice first and in the end it's so worth the effort.
Bonnie, do you have a picture of your blocks and bows?

Bookmark   January 29, 2006 at 9:38AM
grandma_bonnie

I just put a picture up in the gallery of the only block I had left after Christmas - I inserted 25 clear lights in it so it can be used as an accent. I call it my Martha Stewart block... I still have it as I plan on giving it to my SIL

Bookmark   January 29, 2006 at 12:19PM
adellabedella_usa

That is a nice bow. I think I got one of those bowmakers for Christmas, but haven't tried it yet. I rarely use bows.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   January 29, 2006 at 5:03PM
gluecille

I LOVE my bow maker. You are right it does take some practice and use lots of ribbon.

Bookmark   January 31, 2006 at 9:17PM
More Discussions
Hair Jewelry/Headpiece Questions
Hi everyone, This year, I will be attempting once again...
moonwolf_gw
jewelry wire for Christmas dangle ornament?
I can only find a couple of tutorials on the web and...
wilsonkaye
Thick cardboard tubes?
I have access to about as many thick cardboard tubes...
lexie1397
Halloween ideas
Hello, I am looking to do some knitted characters for...
Chrsbt45
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™