frosted window

anita55January 3, 2009

Good morning, and Happy New Year to all. I have an oval window next to my front door that is clear glass and gives a view into my house. I would like to paint it somehow to make it look like frosted glass, maybe with a simple central design. Do you have any ideas how I can do this? I've looked at stencils online but I haven't seen any that are quite this shape. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Anita, I have heard that you can use a frosted type of contact paper to make your windows look frosted.. never have tried it but you could do some research on it.. just google contact paper and maybe you will find something.

    Bookmark   January 3, 2009 at 8:19AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

How about Gallery Glass. I did some windows with it. It is quite pretty and lasts a long time, but is not permanent.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gallery Glass

    Bookmark   January 3, 2009 at 10:29AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Find a nice stencil, and use frosted glass paint around it. Rustoleum makes a frosted glass spray paint.

Here is a link that might be useful: link to rustoleum

    Bookmark   January 3, 2009 at 6:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

thank you for the ideas. I think i'm going to try the rustoleum with a stencil - it sounds easy and since I'm not too handy or crafty maybe I can make it work.

    Bookmark   January 5, 2009 at 8:43AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Christmas Village
I received a few pieces last x-mas and I didnt do a...
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
jewelry wire for Christmas dangle ornament?
I can only find a couple of tutorials on the web and...
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
old - old - old crafts
Boy - looking at that Pack O Fun magazine got me thinking...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™