Traditional (not Belgian) square waffle iron?

cjgwDecember 15, 2013

OK, I've seen some posts here about this subject already but I figured I'd ask again...

Can anyone recommend any good new electric waffle irons that make square traditional (not Belgian) waffles? I've done some searching and it seems 99% of waffle irons sold now are for Belgian waffles! How can this be? And by Belgian waffles, I mean the kind with the deep square pockets. I want to make waffles with shallow pockets. I'd also like them to be square, not round.

So far, the only ones I've found are the two Black & Decker models G48TD & G49TD. I'm looking for something professional grade, if possible, and preferably non-stick so I don't have to use spray or oil.

I currently have an old General Electric A2G48T from the 80s that's on its last legs. Do I really have to go vintage for this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nancylouise_gw

I believe Cuisinart brand sells a traditional square waffle maker, non-stick with 4 sections. Not sure what you mean by professional grade, Cuisinart is for home use only as are the majority of waffle makers sold in a retail store. NancyLouise

Bookmark   December 17, 2013 at 6:38AM
cjgw

Hi, Nancy. Thanks for the reply. Maybe professional isn't the right term for what I'm looking for. I just want a more upscale higher-quality version of something like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-G48TD-Grill-Waffle/dp/B000063XH7/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1387395736&sr=1-2

I can't find the Cuisinart you're referring to. All I could find was this discontinued model: http://www.cuisinart.com/discontinued/waffle_makers/waf-6.html

It seems square traditional waffle makers are difficult to come by these days.

Bookmark   December 18, 2013 at 5:39PM
Boby Huffard

Oh, Nancy Louise, I am with you! I don't want round. I don't want thick., I want to be able to remove the grids. I want to make 4 at a time. This shouldn't be so hard. Cuisinart seems to make only the Belgian type now.

Bookmark   February 5, 2014 at 10:31AM
nancylouise_gw

Sorry , I forgot about this post. Breville makes a regular square waffle maker if you are still looking. They are very good quality but the cost is a bit expensive. NancyLouise

Bookmark   February 7, 2014 at 11:22AM
More Discussions
Best cookware for induction?
After LIVING on the kitchen site for the last few months,...
dccnm
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer
I have read threads in here from people who love their...
catt11
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
ritaotay
best (semi-pro) brand pots and pans for induction
hello we are renovating our kitchen and now it will...
robantwerp
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
Gooster
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™