Thermador induction broke in transit

MFatt16November 11, 2013

I got a great deal on the 36 inch Thermador induction top but.....the delivery guys broke the top. The store is offering to replace the glass since it was a showroom unit, they don't have a replacement to offer me as a whole unit. Should this be fine? Or should I refuse to keep it and wait for another really good deal. I got it for 2K and it runs $3600 or so.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ed-C

What is warranty for parts & labor?

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 5:49PM
Fori is not pleased

I'd make sure it was still covered by the same warranty and all that just like a new one and if so, let 'em do it. Get rid of all those showroom fingerprints!

But if you have a lot of time and think you can get another screamin' good deal....nothing wrong with waiting.

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 6:25PM
MFatt16

I will have to ask about the warranty. This is the best de I have found and the only way to work Thermador into my budget. I was able to upgrade from GE to Thermador and Bosch for of the major pieces of the kitchen while keeping budget the same. I hope they do a good job.

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 11:28PM
Ed-C

Reason for asking about warranty is similar logic to Fori's above. If the unit was damaged in transit it may not be merely the top that cracked. Other damage might not be apparent until you have it installed. If the warranty is good enough, you could let them install it and if there is additional damage it'll be covered. Then you'll have an upgraded unit that is basically new inside and out. However, if the warranty is not good, accepting the damaged unit may be asking for trouble.

Bookmark   November 12, 2013 at 10:06AM
More Discussions
Can Viking refuse a refund on a range?
On a cobalt blue range and microwave actually. Both...
smtebo61
760 cfm vs 900 cfm
I purchased a 36 Jenn Air (6 burners) range. I doubt...
abick2
How to decide on refrigeration? High versus low end.
We are a family of 4 with growing kids; cook almost...
acaba
Fhiaba column refrigerator freezer anyone?
Has anyone seen these in person or have in their kitchen?...
Dietitian
DCS double wall oven--reviews?
I'm in the market for a double wall oven and saw a...
anna_chosak
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™